VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need 2 new front tyres I got a quote for michillens/ hmm spelling) £150 a tyre, or got offered dunlop 9000 are they any good? Also im doing a track day this saturday so its not worth doing the tyres till after is it?

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
if the track days on Saturday i wudnt bother with new tyres John. They'll just get too much wear as tracks are very abrasive.

As for the tyre have a quick look for the "what tyres" thread thats kicking about as theres some really different opinions.

·
387 Posts
defo wait to replace the tyres john - you'll only scrub the outsides of the new ones making em look shagged

what track are you on this sat ?

goose

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bedford theres a noise restriction there though and im worried about my car being to loud!!

·
243 Posts
I'm doing a track day on Saturday too, but in my b/f's Mk 2 and at Cadwell Park!

What is the noise restriction? My car was 95db when it was tested at Donington last year and the limit was 98db so I was lucky!

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what mods did you have? I think its 105 db I think not to sure I will check!

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a 101 db at 3500 rpm so do you think I will be ok.

·
243 Posts
John_C said:
what mods did you have? I think its 105 db I think not to sure I will check!
At the time I had Milltek unresonated with sports cats and remap. I made a mistake in my previous post too, it was Castle Combe, not Donington.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts