VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

2,752 Posts
Hi All,

After a year of deciding and with the worst of the winter conditions hopefully behind us, I recently bought these. Genuine, Silver 19" VMR710 alloys.

Here they are one day after fitting and on a clean car:

Reactions: N13KKF™

· South East Organiser
6,406 Posts
Looks awesome man, Coilovers next

· Flaccid Member
1,788 Posts
Slam it

· Registered
3,691 Posts
Very Nice Oli

RNS510 version C £550, Version F £600, Version H £650. Can Gateway £90 Coded, Video in motion, V9 Maps, Speed Cameras, FW2760, FW3980, FW4020 FW4120 & FW5218 With Radio Text, R32 Boot Up Logo.

2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words chaps

Yeh it would look stunning lowered, but I'm not going to be able to spend any serious money on the car for a long time now!

Would I really need coilovers, or would lowering springs be enough? They are alot cheaper...

2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Springs would be more practical and they keep you disciplined not to run crazy lows!
It will never be stupidly low, its not at all practical for where I live!

Reactions: PaulW
G

·
What makes you say they're crap? And what make were they?

It will never be stupidly low, its not at all practical for where I live!
erm harness of ride, banging the arch ever so slightly and i'm not mad low either, i;m talking about 70mph on a dual carriageway and a dip in the road and i can here the front splitter scrap, i have to do 55mph over that now to stop it scraping... madness. i was told go for coilovers went the cheaper option and looks good but doesnt imo do anything other than make it look good. coilovers are next on my list.

2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
erm harness of ride, banging the arch ever so slightly and i'm not mad low either, i;m talking about 70mph on a dual carriageway and a dip in the road and i can here the front splitter scrap, i have to do 55mph over that now to stop it scraping... madness. i was told go for coilovers went the cheaper option and looks good but doesnt imo do anything other than make it look good. coilovers are next on my list.
Very good points there! Thing is I cant afford to be spending silly money on the car for a long time now, so it'll have to wait. Not like it looks bad as it is

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.