VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in February I took the plunge and upgraded to new 19" wheels. I thought it would only be appropriate if I got new wheel bolts while I was at it as well.

For about £30, I opted for satin black bolts, to nicely contrast with the silver wheels.

Yesterday I see that the edges of the bolts are turning that dreaded shade of rust orange! - I will upload pictures tonight.

What should I do? These are obviously no good to me now, and I should without a doubt be entitled to a refund. But, the place I got them from is 40 miles away, or an
mile round trip, and the cost in petrol will almost be equal to that of anything I might be refunded.

I will give them a ring at the weekend and email them photos that show the rust. I will have to say that they are no good as far as their cosmetics are concerned - the primary reason I got them, and they will inevitably get so rusty that they will be no use as bolts either.

Thoughts please!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Have you had the wheels on and off a lot?

They will rust its just a matter of time, unless you powder coat them which is longer lasting but impossible on a bolt.

You thought about wheel bolt covers? They look ok for the money

·
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can tell you exactly how many times they've been on/off since getting them: Once going on for the first time, one wheel came off after a blowout, with the space-saver going on for a while, then finally going on once more with a new tyre. The rest got re-torqued as they were too tight.

I know fancy versions of components usually aren't as durable, but they're not even 2 months old!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts