VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I'm new to the site and in the process of saving up for a mk4 R32 (hopefully not long)
so naturally I'm researching everything I can about the car and tuning parts

After looking around some of the progress threads and other searches I've come to understand that EIP exhausts seem to be quite hard to find also seem popular.
I was just wondering if its possible to recreate the EIP exhaust by going custom and replicate the back box?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible but it'll never be the same unless you see the innards of the backbox
I thought this also but it could be a trial and error thing which if gotten right can be sold to anyone who wants one?

·
Senior Onion collector
4,512 Posts
Would worry about actually getting the right R 1st, Mk4 EIP exhausts are like hens teeth lol...................I only know of James (above) that has an EIP fitted.

Amazing sound also!!

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
EIP went bust over 5 years ago after ripping off and destroying many R32 owners cars. Nothing that special about the EIP 3" exhaust to make it any better then anything else made now. Unless your car has a turbo or big supercharger fitted you will loose power fitting a 3" to a N/A car anyway.

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
Hi guys.
I'm new to the site and in the process of saving up for a mk4 R32 (hopefully not long)
so naturally I'm researching everything I can about the car and tuning parts

After looking around some of the progress threads and other searches I've come to understand that EIP exhausts seem to be quite hard to find also seem popular.
I was just wondering if its possible to recreate the EIP exhaust by going custom and replicate the back box?

Thanks!
Ummm.... what ?!?

Crumpets! Have you already decided what tyre valve covers, LED numberplate bulbs, induction kit, remap, haldex controller, tyre choice, ARB's, suspension bushes, coilovers, speakers & head unit, cams, alloys, engine mounts, upgraded brakes, front splitters, spacers, short shifters and friggin air freshner you're going to get that you're already worrying about a super rare exhaust that you can't even buy - for a car you don't even own ?!?!

And I thought I was a nutter doing all the research and reading about future mods etc before I bought a car - but you Sir, are in another league !

More than likely your future R will already have a Milltek or Neuspeed exhaust anyway, negating this topic.

This is your very first post on the R32 forum ?

When you've actually got your car, you might begin to realise the silliness of this topic - partly because a 3" exhaust makes such an annoying din that unless you're FI, use the vehicle once a month, or partially deaf beforehand you wouldn't want to subject yourself to the booming drone a 3" produces. A non-res 2.5" is loud enough to live with day-to-day.

I actually own a R32. And had a 2.5" non-res for several years. And a decat. And now a custom 3" system.

I have a strong hunch that this topic is about "Mummy mummy, I heard wicked sounds on some youtube video and I want now!!!".

Anyway, Hello and Welcome. You're going to fit right in

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ummm.... what ?!?

Crumpets! Have you already decided what tyre valve covers, LED numberplate bulbs, induction kit, remap, haldex controller, tyre choice, ARB's, suspension bushes, coilovers, speakers & head unit, cams, alloys, engine mounts, upgraded brakes, front splitters, spacers, short shifters and friggin air freshner you're going to get that you're already worrying about a super rare exhaust that you can't even buy - for a car you don't even own ?!?!

And I thought I was a nutter doing all the research and reading about future mods etc before I bought a car - but you Sir, are in another league !

More than likely your future R will already have a Milltek or Neuspeed exhaust anyway, negating this topic.

This is your very first post on the R32 forum ?

When you've actually got your car, you might begin to realise the silliness of this topic - partly because a 3" exhaust makes such an annoying din that unless you're FI, use the vehicle once a month, or partially deaf beforehand you wouldn't want to subject yourself to the booming drone a 3" produces. A non-res 2.5" is loud enough to live with day-to-day.

I actually own a R32. And had a 2.5" non-res for several years. And a decat. And now a custom 3" system.

I have a strong hunch that this topic is about "Mummy mummy, I heard wicked sounds on some youtube video and I want now!!!". Oh dear

Anyway, Hello and Welcome. You're going to fit right in
I'm on holiday at the moment so I've got nothing better to do than look at cars ect.. I'd like to think I'm organised

Well that's interesting, I can imagine the drone getting on my nerves. But I'll have to see when I get the car.
Again I'm only being 'organised' and seeing what the options are

Oh I love a good YouTube video with wicked sounds!

Cheers for the info much appriciated!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Jesus wept toffs that's a bit brutal, leave the guy alone

So what If he wants to run a 3" straight through, or a 6" for that matter, he can paint his car brown and cover it in glitter...wtf does it have to do with anyone?!

Granted, a bit of an 'out there' post for your first one but so what?! Everyone is already tip toeing around this place and it's hardly welcoming for noobs with posts like that

Plus how long did it takes RJH get his R? In fact does he even have one?

If the guy is just browsing with no sign off buying he'll disappear with the masses, if he's serious he will stick around

No need to crucify him

·
1,357 Posts
Probably not, as I have yet to see a picture of it, with the excuse something along the lines of everyone knows what a silver Mk4 looks like!!!!!! ha!

Reactions: PaulW

·
Absolute F'ing Legend & MIQ's Loyal Fa
937 Posts
rtorbs said:
Lol exactly....
In rjh's defence (and I find it very difficult to defend him after his attack on me) he has taken his .:R to the awesome gti meet I believe

·
678 Posts
I'm on holiday at the moment so I've got nothing better to do than look at cars ect..
Really!! sounds like a fun holiday

go and get drunk and perv at the beach
( thats what i would be doing!!)

Welcome to the OC

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts

So what If he wants to run a 3" straight through, or a 6" for that matter, he can paint his car brown and cover it in glitter...wtf does it have to do with anyone?!

Granted, a bit of an 'out there' post for your first one but so what?! Everyone is already tip toeing around this place and it's hardly welcoming for noobs with posts like that

If the guy is just browsing with no sign off buying he'll disappear with the masses, if he's serious he will stick around

No need to crucify him
Aww... Sarcasm got lost there for you... At least the OP saw the funny side and responded with equal banter [wicked youtube sounds ;)]

Anyhoo, if it makes you feel better:

On a serious point though, what's this tiptoeing nonsense ? This forum's always been free for people to say what they want ? If it turns into malicious personal attacks then the admins do an excellent job. What makes you say people are scared to post here ?

I don't frequent here as often as I used to, is there some big bad smell wafting around ?

Or have some owners gone mad and started to do this to their R' ?

?

·
2,204 Posts
I'm on holiday at the moment so I've got nothing better to do than look at cars ect.. I'd like to think I'm organised

Well that's interesting, I can imagine the drone getting on my nerves. But I'll have to see when I get the car.
Again I'm only being 'organised' and seeing what the options are

Oh I love a good YouTube video with wicked sounds!

Cheers for the info much appriciated!
Drone wears even the hardiest of noisy exhaust fans down eventually!

Jetex do a 2.75" system for the MK4, which is apparently not too droney, but I'd reserve judgement until you've heard it as most people who say "my exhaust doesn't drone" do short journeys and don't get the exhaust anywhere near hot enough to really start droning.

·
Registered
977 Posts
@toffs that's cool mate, don't need to justify yourself to me... I Just responded to how I interpreted your post, plus how was the op supposed to respond?! He's hardly gonna go toe to toe on his first post is he?! Lol

In ref to the tip toeing, just implying that it's hardly a hive of activity is it?!

Ive only been present 11 months or so and still feel like a noob half the time lol

But either way crisis averted, I misinterpreted your post, my bad.

Now can anyone recommend a good 3" straight through exhaust I want too stick it to my roof.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

No need to crucify him
To be fair I am saving for a new car so I'm looking at everything but I saw a r32 the other week and it sounded nice! So I did some digging into the world of the r32's and I like very much!

Just the thing I kept reading on various posts was the EIP exhaust seemed rare to find so I thought what if the exhaust could replicated again? It was just a thought but it wasn't a thought that people welcome I guess

I'll be asking the relevant questions when it comes to buying the car

1 - 20 of 43 Posts