VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just bought a R32 mkv after 2years of a Civic type R.
Bought my car from a VW dealership with quite a few Mods and 300bhp. Duno how true this is, apparently its been 'chipped'/remapped, new cams and miltek exhaust. does this add up to 300?

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No its that r32 blue, 5 door and 19s. Got it from Milton Keynes wayside.

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha! No, the light blue with all the bling. Thought it might of been someones from here as its so modded?

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Iv no idea its definately had the cams or chip done because I cant see them, VW dealer said it had and advertised it as having +300bhp after having a guy from richter look at it. Is there an easy way I can find out?

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Er... I havnt caned it that hard to be honest (iv only had it bout 2weeks) but its well into the red, 6500, 6750? Maybe higher, why? I'll try it tonight.

It was up for 24500 with 10000miles on it and its a 55plate, bout the same price as all the standard ones around it.

Shall I post a pic when Im home (if I remember) and someone might recognise it? If I find out its a thrashed lemon from someone on here, I can never come back on this forum again!

G

·
Yep post a pic - would be good. I don't recognise it.

What 19s are on it?

The reason I ask about the rev limiter - is that most remaps take it too 7200 or so - whereas the standard map is around 6400 or so.

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The wheels are Riverside, the ones on their main page (5spokes with little slits in).

I'll try the redline in a bit a see. Was a bit scared to because I didnt think you should redline these big engines. Not like my type r anyway!

·
3,732 Posts
:hello: welcome

make sure you warm the car up first before you venture into the red, but yeah, if its mapped you'll be able to get the needle deep into the red before cut out

dont fear it...... enjoy it :D

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
G

·
Rupo said:
oops sorry theyr river...

http://www.riverwheels.com/

mine are the river r1.

If you guys say I can thrash it then I'll do it!
I don't recognise the wheels mate - I'd ask the dealer to find out what the mods are.

When I bought mine I didn't realise but it had a Milltek exhaust fitted - I wrote to the previous owner and asked what it was. I included an e-mail address and the guy wrote back in a few days with the history of the car - perhaps that is the best way :151:

Also I would ask the dealer if the mods have voided your warranty.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
Welcome chap. I'm planning on doing these mods next year (remap, air filter, Milltek, cams etc...) so would like to hear your thoughts, although I realise it's difficult as you don't know what a standard one is like. Maybe we should organise a race! (joke).

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here we go, sorry about the rubbish quality, my phones ancient. Does anyone recognise it?

Not a bad idea trying to contact the previous owner, where can I get his details? VW?

The modifications (whatever they are) are covered under warrenty apparently. I made them type it on the sales ledger/reciept, altho theyr only cover until the 3year warrenty runs out. Duno if I'll be able to renew it with them.

All the kit on it makes it sound awesome I love it, I was pretty much sold on the sound alone. I wish I had driven a standard one so I could appreciate the mods.

It revs to the bar just below 7500 (7300-7400), does anyone know what chip/remap that is? Gets pretty bad mpg whatever it is.

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ta mate, still waiting for that to come through, Iv only had it 2weeks.
Need his address or something though, thought someone might recognise it on here.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts