VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps, finally took the plunge yesterday and purchased an R. Mk4 3 door in Reflex sliver. Must say that compared to my previous GTi Anniversary the power, and noise, are unbelieveable, can't get the smile off my face!! Picture attached for your perusal and, as always, some questions:

Dealer said he checked and car hasn't had, and didn't need, 6463 update as it was only certain engine numbers. Does this sound correct or should I push to get it done?

Should I always the run the car on Optimax etc or will 95 RON be OK?

Do I need to let it run for a while after a run al la a turbo?

Any help as always appreciated.

Cheers,

M.

·
385 Posts
Hi mate and welcome to the site and .:R world. I am not a petrol head by any stretch of the imagination and I can tell the difference in fuel type. I always use super at least 98 ron as it feels like the car is running better. Hope this helps but like I said I'm no expert. Nice clean car by the way.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi again:hello:

The 6463 was to cure a massive hesitation problem at around 2800rpm, now some ecu's didn't require this, later models, but as your is a 53 plate, the same as mine, i have this, so i would check with another dealer, tho its down to the ECU numbers and maybe it doesn't need it tho it wouldn't hurtv running it through the ECU anyhow.

As for fuel, get the Vpower in there, this is 99ron and is good stuff, the car will run so much better, stay clear of BP ultimate as thats cr$p.

When having done a hard run, i would let her tick over for a minute or two. Next time after a run lift the bonnet and listen to the injectors clicking away like mad, i would advise a few minutes just to let everything clam down before switch off.

And block your number plate mate, as its very easy to find locations and details from a plate, just some advise.

HTH

Jimmy:top:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts