VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Im chris. At the moment i dont have a R but will soon hopefuly :D I know they are awesome cars and there sound track is amazing!
Anyway im from the midlands, sutton coldfield to be exact and i design and build engines for a living, mainly V6 and V8 short blocks.
Anyway theres a short story about me, boring as it may be.
Regards CRiS

·
22 Posts
Hi Chris Welcome To The Site Wot Mark Are You Thinking Of Getting, I Have A Silver Mkiv Had It 2 Years And Love It Too Bits

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im looking at getting a Mkiv :D so so sexy.. Got big plans though so got alot of pennies to save!

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Hi and welcome,

hope you have a good read and get lots of advice on here.

·
22 Posts
yeah i just had a lot of stuff come up a once cost me around £1500 to get through mot and big service,needed 3 tyres front pads and discs etc. got it booked in for respray under warranty it has a zinc showing on the roof and engine management light just come on too so not having much luck at the mo but wouldn swap her for anything!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
caxton, Thanx m8, i will do. Theres alot of V.useful information on here wil be abused :tongue:
davio, not cheap then. but they are all wear and tear items so they have to be done and always at a cost. Do you always take yours to a main dealer to get the work done? Is yours modified in any way or is it totally standard?

·
22 Posts
totally standard now did uprated breaks but gone back to vw wasnt getting the best out of the others, did the brakes with help from friend but service and engine management i used main dealer.havent found a local place to put my trust in as yet.

·
1,184 Posts
Welcome to the site mate. Look forward to another new owner joining and uploading pics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far i have found lots of v.useful info on this site. One thing though how strong are the standard gearboxes, ive had afew 4wd cars n the boxes giv up abt 350hp :( and due to the gearbox design asin the engine is transverse and the T-box is pretty much slaped onto the side of the box, will it handle alot of power?
Turboing is a must n proberly pistons,rods n shells. Also looking into converting the box to sequential but that all depends on how much power it takes and if there are and dog gear sets available :confused:
I want it to be a sleeper preferably :xD
Its all nice dreaming i suppose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts