VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm thinking of getting rid of the R next year and want something which I can save a bit more money each month I mean I can with the R but I want rid

Anyway I have a few choices and a budget of about 15 - 17k

First choice will be a BMW 335d coupe in white and coral red leather

Or

Scirocco GT DSG although I don't mind if its a petrol or blue motion

Any other suggestion, I've got my heart set on the Beemer and wouldn't mind people's views on them if they have owned that model car or any bmw coupe really

Cheers

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
19,389 Posts
If you decide on the Scirocco I would recommend either the 210 TSI.or the 170 Diesel. Neither of which have Bluemotion Technology:)
IIRC, it's only the 140 diesel that has BMT and that's just start/stop and regeneration on braking.

·
Registered
977 Posts
If you decide on a Rocco of any kind over the 333d other than the r it would be a step backwards in my view... Bm all the way !!

·
19,389 Posts
If you decide on a Rocco of any kind over the 333d other than the r it would be a step backwards in my view... Bm all the way !!
Having done the transition from an R32 to a Rocco, it didn't feel like a step back but I agree, the 335d is in a different league.

·
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah love the 335d's and just a remap gets good power and great torque I have to go diesel for a bit I'm afraid lol

Yeah only Rocco I'd have is the 210 GT I think and would need to be in white or grey with truffle leather other than that there is the R version but they are still silly money

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
19,389 Posts
Personally not a fan of the Truffle leather but ot does look good in white or grew. In fact I nearly went for white but decided on blue in the end.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Crazy gains with a mapped 335d-372bhp iirc? BM for sure! Ive got the 177bhp 320d ED and returns 55mpg literally no matter what I do!

·
1,538 Posts
I am looking at the scirocco and wanted tho 210 GT but ave sat down an realised I now do at least 15000 mies a year so am looking at the 170 TDI, and he the turbo'd R is going as I just don't use it enough and the daily focus is not what I call fun

·
19,389 Posts
I am looking at the scirocco and wanted tho 210 GT but ave sat down an realised I now do at least 15000 mies a year so am looking at the 170 TDI, and he the turbo'd R is going as I just don't use it enough and the daily focus is not what I call fun
If you have any questions on the Scirocco GT 170 TDI, just let me know.

·
64 Posts
335D won't save you that much on fuel. I had one for a while. I decided to sell it to get an R again. The best bet would be the 170 TDI. You can't have power and great economy. The best trade off is 170 TDI. That's just my opinion of having both. Also I just didn't think the BM inspired the same sure footed drive of an R. Not much does. Good luck, though.

·
Queen In The North
1,358 Posts
Love the 335 considered this as my next car too, if I can ever give up the R lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
335D won't save you that much on fuel. I had one for a while. I decided to sell it to get an R again. The best bet would be the 170 TDI. You can't have power and great economy. The best trade off is 170 TDI. That's just my opinion of having both. Also I just didn't think the BM inspired the same sure footed drive of an R. Not much does. Good luck, though.
Surely it will aslong as your not driving it like a nutter all the time?

·
676 Posts
I have a 535d, remapped to 330bhp. Epic. 40mpg on a run when being sensible so good mpg can be returned. 3 will be lighter as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts