VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't opened the bonnet of the car until today (had the car nearly 2 months). To my pleasant surprise I found these little beauties already there!!

that saves me a few pounds on a carbonio CAI! The neuspeed aluminum caps and strut brace are quality too. Looks like the carbonio is piped in towards my left front lower side grille, so fitting the vented ones last weekend should help it breathe a bit more.

G

·
I remember a very very similar car that Smith Knight Fay Stockport were selling at VW North West the year before last. Sure the owner was called Ryan for something - was registered on a forum or two.

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the caps have neuspeed engraved on them. Am sure it feels faster to drive once I discovered the carbonio!!!!:D

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Can't believe you've had the car almost 2 months and not opened the bonnet.

Bet you wouldn't have been happy if you'd only found a 1.8T lump in there :D

Means the money you saved can go towards something else now!

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its quite funny. I had been meaning to open the bonnet and take a picture of it standard before I put a CAI in there. So I probably wouldnt have opened it for another 2 months.

I was selling some wheels off my old Audi to a guy off the audi-sport.net website. He's a read petrolhead and loves the R32 (Mk4 more than the Mk5 obviously!!! But thats a whole other debate) and he said he had never looked at the engine of an R32.

So I popped the bonnet and was like, WOW, its got a Carbonia, it looks awesome!!!! Well chuffed. Good day all round as I have been trying to sell those damn audi wheels for ages and got a decent price too.

·
3,732 Posts
i wish id had a surprise like that

psg001 said:
So I popped the bonnet and was like, WOW, its got a Carbonia, it looks awesome!!!! Well chuffed.
haha...i wonder whats in the glovebox...have you looked in the boot...imagine the possibilities lol :D

Mattchaps said:
Can't believe you've had the car almost 2 months and not opened the bonnet.

Bet you wouldn't have been happy if you'd only found a 1.8T lump in there :D
that would be a pure comedy moment, unfortunate...but funny :D

·
748 Posts
I cant belive you didn't open the bonnet before you bought it lol! Nice find though.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
Hahaha, look at that. I'm just amazed you'd never opened the bonnet, it's one of the first things i did!

·
345 Posts
OMG great find! I dreamt about CAI's last night - very strange seeing as I have no real clue about them. How much would one set me back out of interest? Is it a real worth while mod? What would my insurers (A Plan) have to say about it?

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AdsR said:
OMG great find! I dreamt about CAI's last night - very strange seeing as I have no real clue about them. How much would one set me back out of interest? Is it a real worth while mod? What would my insurers (A Plan) have to say about it?
if you are seriously interested in doing some tuning mods to your car then its worthwhile. I have read on some posts it add 10bhp to your performance but I am always sceptical about these big figures. maybe 5 bhp max. if you read this...

http://www.vagtech.co.uk/images/stor...VER copy.pdf

it says his BHP is 277, thats after all those mods, its gone up by only 37bhp, its hard to extract much extra performance in terms of raw figures from a Normally aspirated engine. He says it feels a lot quicker and the performance figures 0-60 in 5.2 sounds very tasty. I fancy doing the performance mods he has done but slowly, over a few yrs as they are not cheap. Not really sure I wanna go down the turbo/supercharged route.

Not sure how much the insurance would charge for it. Technically they should know about any modification on your car from standard.

·
345 Posts
Cheers for the reply PSG001. I'm still in the thinking phase. I think my first proper mod will be to fit some Millteks, though I know most people on here count that as standard issue :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts