VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I thought I'd create a progress thread for my DBP r32 MK4

I purchased the car around 3 weeks ago from a member on here. Body wise it's immaculate but there are some things that need attention - hence this thread. My aim is to keep it OEM+ with minimal and subtle mods if any.

The cars covered only 67,000 miles and has FSH. If also has a lucifer exhaust - non resonated. The personalised reg stayed and I think it's awesome.

Here's the car when I picked it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First thing to do for me was a new head unit. I went for the SPH-DA120.

Looks very OEM I think and does the trick. I installed hands free microphone Bluetooth and GPS antenna also so the car now has nav and telephone / voice control.

I also added custom splash screens and backgrounds too to make it a bit less pioneer and a bit more VW. :)

Attachments

Reactions: MIQ

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next up the exhaust tip fitting was horrible so I adjusted this to sit more snug. Before and after pics below.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then the allignment needed doing so off I popped to get that done

The car now drives in a straight line which is a bonus.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Next on the list is a lucifer sports cat.. I'll post more as I get it done. :)

I'm also mid claim with VW to get the rusty tailgate issue sorted. Sounds promising so far as it's quite obviously rusted from inside out and is only visible from inside the boot.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks dude :) 12 year warranty - 18 days left ha ha ha

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ah I see! Don't know if its worth trying tbh. I've already got a replacement boot lid in the garage lol. only cost me £50 just need it painted. Only problem is it has a gti spoiler not a R32 one
Let me know how you get on with VW anyway.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will do mate - I won't be paying a penny if I can help it. It's shoddy manufacturing on VW's part to be fair so why should I pay?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also considering milltek tips as I like the rolled lip look.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Well today I picked up the gasket kit to fit the cat, and ordered a lucifer sports cat. I also took it back in to get realligned as it was very slightly out. I'm a bit anal with things like that.

·
Registered
605 Posts
First thing to do for me was a new head unit. I went for the SPH-DA120.

Looks very OEM I think and does the trick. I installed hands free microphone Bluetooth and GPS antenna also so the car now has nav and telephone / voice control.

I also added custom splash screens and backgrounds too to make it a bit less pioneer and a bit more VW. :)
Hi mate how dis you get the splash screen custom in the end. Through a USB stick?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah it only accepts USB stick. Put JPEG files in the route folder bobs your uncle

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.