VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know I wasn't planning to enter the show 'n shine at Inters but I'm still peed off!

Was out driving between jobs today and there was a bad accident on the TT course causing the road to be closed - left me and a colleague stuck between where we were and needed to be. Decided to take a short cut on a narrow back road, but before we could turn off (a sharp turn) a had to stop in the junction to allow other traffic out. Went to continue round the corner and according to my mate following the back end of my R jumped left about a foot on some loose stones/slope and hit the low wall on the inside of the corner. Queue scraping noise and repeat when I reversed off the wall (and also the damn concrete pillar out of site from the drivers seat....). See pic below for visual detail.... :crying::crying::crying:

I was only driving at walking pace or it may have been a darn site worse!

Attachments

·
2,808 Posts
awwww! fookin hell, that must have made a pretty heartbreaking sound. You managed to get every panel too! Not nice.

·
777 Posts
thats crap mate, dont really understand how it happened but feel gutted for you.

·
887 Posts
Absolutely devastated for you mate, it looks like a bad one!

It makes it worse when there's no one to blame!

Hope you get it fixed :unsure:

·
.:R32OC R-Fest Events Co-ordinater/Organiser
1,746 Posts
Sorry to see that, I would've been livid! Luckily there doesn't appear to be too much metel damage so at least you shouldn't need too much panel replacement

·
2,548 Posts
I think I'll probably burst into tears if that ever happens to me. Gutted for you chap. You could use it as an opportunity to remove the side protector strips for a cleaner look?

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spoke to a local bodywork firm this morning (they happen to be the repair agent for my insurers Allianz) and he reckons about £600...

Going to get proper quote later and find the £350 excess!:angry:

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, thats what I thought although the proper quote may be higher; was expecting something neare a grand...

·
5,616 Posts
OUCH. Nightmare mate, hope you're able to get it sorted.

Rupo said:
awwww! fookin hell, ....
The exact same thing I just said out loud when I saw the pic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts