VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my GF brought me a DISKLOK and I used it when we went away to Wales for for a holiday. Just wanted to make the car more secure for our days out and about exploring, Just thought that I would use this everyday.But not happy how my steering wheel had been damaged,

These are the photos that I had on my mobile that i have just uploaded-

The Disklok (Yellow,Small), Was sent back to Disklok for tests and they said that they would give me a new one but the same one was returned with some extra felt for me to place in the inside of the Disklok.

Upon adding the felt the Disklok is not marking the steering wheel.

I just thought that Disklok would have been in touch after returning the unit back to me though..........Think that I will have to add more pictures up later.

NOT happy though.

I have used Glipyone leather stuff to try to soften the leather back but it's not working though,

I know Pryian also has a yellow small Disklok the same as me and his is fine on his R.

·
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone got any advice how to remove the marks at all please ?

·
Registered
364 Posts
i would say they are more than marks, leather looks almost cut to me, sorry.

Almost looks like some one dug thier nails in.

·
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The marks are where the pivet part of the Disklok have dug into the leather steering wheel,
Thats why the Disklok went back to them so they could inspect it.

I have placed extra vecro padding inside the Disklok to protect the leather steering wheel

·
389 Posts
Oh Noes, Gutted Bro :(

I caught the bottom of my Ibiza's steering wheel with my Ice Skates once and it left a similar mark, unfortunately there wasn't alot I could do and never really got rid of it. However you could try going a bit OTT with some leather feeder/conditioner, might bring it back a bit.!?

Hope you get it sorted Bud,
Leon.

·
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BlackpoolR32 said:
Oh Noes, Gutted Bro :(

I caught the bottom of my Ibiza's steering wheel with my Ice Skates once and it left a similar mark, unfortunately there wasn't alot I could do and never really got rid of it. However you could try going a bit OTT with some leather feeder/conditioner, might bring it back a bit.!?

Hope you get it sorted Bud,
Leon.
Thanks Leon,

Well I have brought some Gliptone liquid leather cleaner and also Gliptone liquid leather conditioner to see if that helps.

I lost my last bottle of Gliptone leather cleaner, (Must be like when I hide my keys and im on early shift playing hunt my keys at 04:30),lol.

So I will have to give them a try and see if they will help to soften when they clean the leather steering wheel. :dontknow:

I will also post a photo of the extra felt that i added to the inside of the Disklok later in the morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts