VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was stuck in slow moving traffic yesterday, temp gauge started raising,then warning said check coolant level ,then it said stop. Pulled to side of road just as the steam started coming out of the side of the bonnet.
Very nice man from VW assistance came and checked it out.Did a pressure test to confirm there wasn't a leak. He then realised the fan hadn't come on. Checked supply and worked out that there was no power getting to the fan. He then checked the fuses situated by the battery and noticed one was missing. He put a fuse in and hey presto it worked.
Except it didnt go off ! Which is probably why the fuse had been pulled in the first place.
Have had the car now for nearly 2 months after buying from a main stealer.
Car is now in with a different main stealer being checked but really not happy.
Car stopped on a dual carriageway but luckily i was able to pull off, guess it could have been a lot worse :(

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
still shouldnt have been too expensive for that tho eh ?

Gotta love people that pull fuses cos somethings not working !!!

I knew someone that put bluetack over the warning lights in his car because they were annoying !!

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
is that what they've charged you in full or is that what the warranty bill is ? That does seem a lot for a simple fix, but then if they're checking the looms then that takes time.
Think it took 2 hours labour when they checked my speed sensor wiring loom.
plus the £550 it was to fit and buy the new speedo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Total cost of bill ,so I pay 60% of that. Car was just a few weeks over the 3 year manufacturers warranty, hence vw paying a goodwill gesture. Dealer suggested I try and get the dealer who sold me the car to pay my bit as i have only had the car for less than 2 months and the problem would have been there when they sold it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.