VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at my local Esso garage yesterday and heard that they believed they would be out by first thing this morning! Filled up at Shell yesterday where virtually the only fuel they had left was Optimax (Ha Ha!).......I think it is because we are so close to Avonmouth down here but starting to become a hassle to get fuel- anyone else had any probs - what are the levels like around the uK (or is it only me in Bristol??)

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
595 Posts
R32Dub said:
Was at my local Esso garage yesterday and heard that they believed they would be out by first thing this morning! Filled up at Shell yesterday where virtually the only fuel they had left was Optimax (Ha Ha!).......I think it is because we are so close to Avonmouth down here but starting to become a hassle to get fuel- anyone else had any probs - what are the levels like around the uK (or is it only me in Bristol??)
The local shell to me only had Vpower left, the general consumer buys the cheap stuff around here. Watching the peoples faces at the prices "how much????" at being forced to fill up with the good stuff was quite funny.

Commented to the guy behind the counter that everyone out there filling up with Vpower for the first time is going to get a shock when their car suddenly feels more responive & powerful :dry:

The panic buying here kicked in around Thursday/Friday. The forecourt is usually rammed full at the best of times, those last two days apparantly you couldn't see the end of the queue down the road. Muppets.

·
215 Posts
My local sainsburys ran out of unleaded on about half their pumps Sat morning when i went to sort the air in my tyres out, and i thought the panic had started (Im West mids by the way) but then when i needed some fuel, that same afternoon it was fine, no ques and plenty of fuel. No panic. Although i only put £20 in her, and now im needing to make another pitstop 50miles later :(

·
1,243 Posts
i just hope its over for the gti fest otherwise driving down from liverpool im gona have to drive like my dad, hope i can get some go go juice tomorrow.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
No problems near me so far, Tesco running with all pumps.

·
1,243 Posts
Very Cherry said:
well the shell tanker drivers WILL be striking again for next weekend...handy that :(

its a 700 mile round trip for me
best get some jerry cans in the boot!

oh and ill bring that grill with me

·
1,957 Posts
I had no problems getting fuel at Tesco when I came back from Birmingham last night, there was no queue which is better than usual for 8pm on a Sunday evening.

If they do indeed strike again this coming weekend then it has the potential to screw things up a bit as I'm off to see Chris @ CCA on Monday to get my ICE sorted and it's a 320 mile round trip.

·
777 Posts
hope it gets sorted out before inters otherwise a lot of us will be driving on vapour at the end of the weekend.

·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Think it is just this part of the country (south west) as literally no where is selling diesel at moment.....V power is however flowing well!! Sure you guys will all be fine for next weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts