VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if any of you guys or gals have had any decent results from any octane booster additives? just tried a bottle of Wyns octane booster in a tank of Total 97 Ron and wasnt too impressed, I know it may take a few "repeat prescriptions" to see any results... Seemed to get more burble from the exhausts on overun :elefant:

I have just added a dash of Aldon Automotives special blend (I use that in my hill climb MG) - its meant to be pretty potent stuff, I will see tomoz on my run to work... (apparantley increase 98 Ron to 104ish). Fingers crossed! Cant seem to find any local trol stations nearby that sell anything higher than 97 :boring:

what does your .:R drink? :pepsi:

·
1,432 Posts
I only run my R on unleaded, we dont get any of the special unleaded like excellium over here and I am told by a reliable source that the super unleaded is no different to the unleaded. All the fuel in the island is provided by the same depots which are next door to each other so I wouldnt be surprised if this watering down of super unleaded were true. Add this to the fact that the island has a max speed limit of 35mph there really is no point in using anything greater.

·
4,328 Posts
I have used the millers stuff before but didnt really notice any difference, but then i should have disconnected the battery for 15 mins to make sure the ecu reset itself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:hmmmm: is resetting the ecu necessary for fuelling? thought that was just for resetting/relearning the drivers habits and style? hmmm might try that if its the case.. :dontknow:

·
2,808 Posts
We got a BP garage that sells their 102ron here in Milton Keynes. Yet to try it tho. Think its about £2.50 a litre! Ouch!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im noticing a difference with the Aldon additive after 120 miles...might strengthen the ratio next time! its soo much more eager!

·
4,328 Posts
Did you reset the battery?

As im sre if you just add the additive the ecu doesnt read it quick enough and it takes a take or two to really notice the difference but if you reset the ecu reads the fuel straight away :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts