VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys started her up today and it sounds a lot louder than usual after getting my spark plugs changed the other day. Any ideas? Got a video I'll try upload on here...

·
2,958 Posts
Hi guys started her up today and it sounds a lot louder than usual after getting my spark plugs changed the other day. Any ideas? Got a video I'll try upload on here...
MK4 or 5?
What plugs did you use? OEM?

Mj

·
19,389 Posts
It's more than likely nothing to do with the spark plug change, just coincidence.

Under certain conditions on start up the Secondary Air Injection (SAI) pump runs for a short period of time and while it's operating the noise level is louder than normal.

It could also be the radiator fans running on high speed due to a fault. Very common issue on the MK4 and not unknown on the MK5.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments lads. Jusy done a bit more investigating and I reckon I've got a leak on my flexis on my exhaust somewhere. Problem is I can't Jack it up high enough to find it... Booked in at the garage tomorrow

·
2,958 Posts
Thanks for the comments lads. Jusy done a bit more investigating and I reckon I've got a leak on my flexis on my exhaust somewhere. Problem is I can't Jack it up high enough to find it... Booked in at the garage tomorrow
Are you Jack Flanagan?

Mj

1 - 5 of 5 Posts