VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys done a silly thing today, i was on a 60mph road, and at the bottom of the roasd there was a volvo under cover T5 parked facing the way i was going, i was over takeing a slow car and then relised the T5 was there i though SH*T now im bricking it! i wasnt going 60mph i know that for sure! but the T5 did not pull out or nothing no flash not a thing! i parked up then and went home, now im worried on what will happen does any know? or been in a similar situation? i know i was an idiot :angry::crying:

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Just have to wait and see, Do you know what speed you were going ?

And if you get anything in the post you will have to ask and let them prove the speed camera was calibrated that day ?

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok then, i thought they onl;y sent it out to you in the post if it was a fixed camera, because this was a undercover T5? or am i wrong

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Chance's are that if it was just an unmarked car then it would have stopped you should it have seen the need.

Most unmarked cars dont have the same speed camera as the vans you see.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the reply macdaddy i thought the same, i always thought that if they caught you speeding i there police car wether they had the camera on you or not they would have to stop you instantly to prosecute you or take any action and the fixed camera and gatso's etc send the tickets in the post? i hope anyway

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,518 Posts
I've always believed that they pull you over as said above - if they feel the need.

Usually show you the video or the speed on their camera then tell you what action they're going to take.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey once again boys and gals thanks for the reply just fingers crossed now and hopefully nothing will come of this and no dreaded letter!! keep you updated thanks and yes i have learnt a lesson! thanks again

·
Registered
364 Posts
They don't need to pull you over as long as their system was checked before leaving the station then they can use it.
Forward facing shots are harder to escape from as the photo actually includes the drivers face.

·
5,616 Posts
I reckon you'll be ok mate, as I think they would have had to pull you there and then as I'm guessing it didn't have a speed camera picture on it?!

·
402 Posts
It might only be urban legend but I was under the impression that they can't take your picture for speeding without those speed camera signs being liberally placed around the area?? I know it sounds crazy but thought it was something to do with our civil liberties?? (seriously!!)

·
Registered
364 Posts
The urban legend of speed camera signs, I commute to Wigan from Lancashire and the lone speed camera sign entering the Wigan area is enough for them to have the ability.

·
281 Posts
If its an unmarked traffic car then they have to stop you there and then as they are using radar with no camera other than the cctv style what was going on video. On the other hand if it was an unmarked speed camera car/van you've been done. They use very different styles of checking speed, should have been quite obvious the traffic car would have had very minimal kit on the dash where as the speed camera type use quite a substantial bit of kit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
same thing happend to me,i was pulled over but when i explained i was over taking a slow moving vehicle & no one was in danger the officer gave my a good telling off & i was on my way.i was very lucky he must have been in a good mood.if he or she thought you was worth pulling over then they would of done.im sure you will be fine..

·
465 Posts
A mate of mine got stung the same way, normally they have 14 days to prosecute from the day of the offence, so it could be a long 2 week wait mate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts