VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm really trying hard to convince myself that I cannot get my R turbo'd, and one of the things that I keep thinking about is cooling.

I know there's a few turbo'd R's about and I'm sure I saw one that had a side mounted oil cooler down by one of the vented front side grills.

Now, is this additional oil cooling necessary? Would it aid in better running of the engine? Or would I be able to run an FT-360 kit without any change required to the current cooling set up?

I've been trying to find details of it but it must have been removed from the whole of cyber space coz I can't find it anywhere!

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
if an oil cooler was necaserry it would be included in the kit. having said that, cooler oil almost always means a better running engine.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did think that they'd include them in a kit if they were necessary. Might look into them as if the're not that expensive it might be worth having!

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
demon-tweeks do some nice Mocal deals, you can get them cheaper elsewhere but, mocal is the way forward, i was considering one for the rear diff.

·
5,500 Posts
Greame86 did a how to write up on VWvortex not so long ago. He used OEM oil cooler radiator parts, I believe the additional oil cooler was off a Tourag 3.2.

The american R32's have an additional Oil cooler as standard, which is why their right hand lower bumper grilles have the holes already cut

1 - 6 of 6 Posts