VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
685 Posts
If you are tracking the R32T alot yes oil cooler adviseable. But if just for general road use not really needed. If just road use do the fan overide switch to help cool the OEM oil cooler more keep temps in check.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill have to have a search how to do it I'm sure there's a thread on here. Once I get my oil temp gauge fitted ill be able to tell if it needs one I suppose. I probably won't track it much if I do track it at all

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Don't think it's necessary unless your going fi? I have a mk5 na with Gruppe m, decat, stage 2 Map and have never see oil temp above 98 celsius

·
19,389 Posts
Don't think it's necessary unless your going fi? I have a mk5 na with Gruppe m, decat, stage 2 Map and have never see oil temp above 98 celsius
That's quite low. That's roughly the oil temp in my diesel Rocco during normal driving and regularly gets to 105 degrees when pushing on a bit, which again is not that high. Used to see temps of between 110 and 115 in my old MK1 GTI and Rocco MK2

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
That's quite low. That's roughly the oil temp in my diesel Rocco during normal driving and regularly gets to 105 degrees when pushing on a bit, which again is not that high. Used to see temps of between 110 and 115 in my old MK1 GTI and Rocco MK2
My VR6 never went above 88. A lot depends on ambient i suppose as its fooking freezing up here.

I remember the book says 'dont shit yourself until it goes over 149oc'

·
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
What would be a "unsafe" oil temperature so to speak where it would start to break down?

My coolant never goes above 98ish and radiator can rise to 90 in town but normally about 40 in normal driving.

My intake is about 30 ATM in this weather but my car is black and the airbox is black, therefore I am going to get some gold tape on it ; ) will prolly do very little but it'll look cool!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts