VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im stuck for choice on what tv to buy, the one i want is a 55inch at 2.5k which is a sony kdl 55w905a but i would also like a 46 inch model but cant find any reviews on it, ive also looked at the samsung f8000 but again unsure on which one to get

Which one would you get, i dont really care if the orginal speakers on the tv are crap or tinny or anything as they will be used though my soundbar

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Im stuck for choice on what tv to buy, the one i want is a 55inch at 2.5k which is a sony kdl 55w905a but i would also like a 46 inch model but cant find any reviews on it, ive also looked at the samsung f8000 but again unsure on which one to get

Which one would you get, i dont really care if the orginal speakers on the tv are crap or tinny or anything as they will be used though my soundbar
Are you insane?? 2.5k on a 55"?? I've got a 50" Panasonic plasma which is perfect even on SD if you set it up right and got it for £400. It's full HD too. Go for a plasma and you wont go wrong. No need to spend so much money!!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,580 Posts
That's a 3D set.. 3D is dying on its arse.. No-one wants it anymore. You don't need to spend more than a few hundred quid on one. Just get a full HD plasma and you'll be set.
So are V6 R32's but people still want them
I would still but a top range set for everything else it has with it, better processing, better picture etc. Last year I got the VT30 series 50 inch Panasonic and its awesome, don't watch the 3d very often but its good with some films. You get what you pay for as with most things.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I had a 55VT30 which broke (incorrect spacers supplied with "universal" wall bracket). Now I have a 65VT50, big difference between the VT30 and VT50 and the extra 10 inches really makes a difference lol

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I had a 55VT30 which broke (incorrect spacers supplied with "universal" wall bracket). Now I have a 65VT50, big difference between the VT30 and VT50 and the extra 10 inches really makes a difference lol
Most ladies would be happy with one or two inches

But seriously forget led go plasma and the VT range are excellent! still got my Pioneer but am getting close to jumping for the VT50.
Skin tones on a good plasma are spot on! on an lcd/led everything is to bright.
Get someone to film you and a mate having a chat about i dunno? R32's lets say then play that back through a plasma and you will look the same as you do in real life! play it on an led and see how bright your faces become
and it doesn't matter how bright the clothes you wear, in less you are Scott Mills we really aren't that bright

Oh and although led is getting better at motion handling it's still no match for fast paced action like motor sport of football.

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not reqlly a fan of plasma as they tend to kick out a fair bit of heat and dont like the idea of the burning imaging so many people i know have had panasonics and they never seem to last the mrs dad has one and it takes forever and a day to turn on and warm up, ive read how to tweek on the av forums aand get skins tones etc set correctly, ive read the hifi site but cant seem to find any other reviews on it

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Not reqlly a fan of plasma as they tend to kick out a fair bit of heat and dont like the idea of the burning imaging so many people i know have had panasonics and they never seem to last the mrs dad has one and it takes forever and a day to turn on and warm up, ive read how to tweek on the av forums aand get skins tones etc set correctly, ive read the hifi site but cant seem to find any other reviews on it
Burning is a thing of the past apparently. I've paused my TV for hours and had no problems. Heat doesn't bother me, they do get hot but I just save on my heating bill
. The TV turns on instantly but the VT50 is a very new model

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Oh and although led is getting better at motion handling it's still no match for fast paced action like motor sport of football.
I mainly watch Football and F1 with the occasional online COD game so Plasma is perfect for me. I do watch movies to and the colours look spot on.

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Burning is a thing of the past apparently. I've paused my TV for hours and had no problems. Heat doesn't bother me, they do get hot but I just save on my heating bill
. The TV turns on instantly but the VT50 is a very new model
My rooms already insulated in walls and every possible amount somi very very rarely have heating on if anything the window is open all the time lol so keeping the heat down would be great otherwise yes id say plasma for the warmth lol

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
My rooms already insulated in walls and every possible amount somi very very rarely have heating on if anything the window is open all the time lol so keeping the heat down would be great otherwise yes id say plasma for the warmth lol
Fair enough, if your house can't cope with any extra heat then a big plasma isnt for you. My house is insulated and I don't use any heating in the summer but the TV doesn't make enough heat to make a difference. In the winter I throw logs on the open fire and that heats the house

Reactions: FLORIDA747

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fair enough, if your house can't cope with any extra heat then a big plasma isnt for you. My house is insulated and I don't use any heating in the summer but the TV doesn't make enough heat to make a difference. In the winter I throw logs on the open fire and that heats the house
House swap? Lol

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Tut just not good enough lol
Lol. I did look at Sony LED TV's (Backlit) when I was looking 2 years ago but I'm out of touch now with LED as tech changes soo quick. Isn't OLED the next thing now?

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think it is, but ive seen this tv in the shop and it presents such a clear picture like i say dont care about sound

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I think it is, but ive seen this tv in the shop and it presents such a clear picture like i say dont care about sound
I know, TV sound means nothing to me either, my TV has been muted since day 1 and the sound comes out the 5.1

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The gf is out baby sitting tonight dfor some rich couple n shes just phoned me n told me they have a samsung f8000 she said picture quality seems really good n is impressed by it, looks smart n everything she says, ive just read a couple of reviews on it so now thats another to my list lol

Wheres the tech silver at??

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sony's new line up is pretty solid.

I played around with a lot of them at the Sony store by where I live. The selling point for me is the menu/settings layout. Very responsive and dynamic. All of the top companies have good screens. I would base it on responsiveness and features.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts