VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back here with not the best of news. On my way to a track day across the country on a mountain pass here in Norway my car got hit by a rookie driver with only 3 week old driving license and a one day old Peugeot 406.

He came out of a turn on a narrow road with to high speed and hit me in the side, ripping off my rear wheel and left corner.

No one was injured luckily, but both cars were totaled.
Mine is quoted with damages for over 300K NOK, witch equals 30kGBP over here.

Mine being only one of four cars registered here in the country the value of the car hard to decide.
Last one sold for 280k NOK last year.

No my search for a new car goes on, searching both Sweden and Germany for the correct equipped one.

Appreciate all the help I can get here as there is not that many good ones left.

What I'm looking for it a blue 3-door manual one with sunroof, half leather and full tacho computer is preferred. If anyone knows about a EU model with left hand drive please let me know.
I need to get back in an R32 quick!

· Registered
516 Posts
So sorry to see that. Good no one hurt. Good luck on the hunt for next R32

18,486 Posts
Yes, you don't offer to.buy a round in Oslo, as I've learned from bitter experience:)

Sad to see the car in that state but glad everyone involved was OK.

Reactions: 26738 and Marzo

277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You got 30,000 for a written off mk4?

Serious money that.
Like everyone say it's expensive here in Norway, the damages was quoted to 300k NOK witch is 29,8K GBP.
The last sold R32 mk4 was sold for 280k NOK last year. The price for repair is higher that the value, it's therefore written off no discussion.
Now looking for a new one is not that easy. Found one in Germany but the pictures and communication is not the best.
Would realy like to track down a perfect sample now that i stand freely to choose from all over the continent.

If anyone is a member at r32club.de and could check their forum for cars I would really appreciate it.

· Hard to reMember
4,280 Posts

277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mental that, for that kind of money he could buy a mint mk4 in the uk, convert it to left hand drive and turbo it then take it back home with a few quid change.
There's 25% VAT and about 20k GBP in taxes on top of that for taking the car to Norway :/

And the converting job is a lot of work! Need a LHD, guess there's probably not anyone here for sale. At least not for your prices, that would be awesome!

· South East Organiser
6,406 Posts
There's 25% VAT and about 20k GBP in taxes on top of that for taking the car to Norway :/

And the converting job is a lot of work! Need a LHD, guess there's probably not anyone here for sale. At least not for your prices, that would be awesome!
Glad you are ok man!
A said The UK is almost certain to have your new R32 though
Im sure there is one for you in Germany.
Perhaps PM Sir Henri, he maybe be able to help you.

Reactions: Marzo
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.