VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fancy doing something to the car to make it feel different to drive. I was thinking suspension or Haldex controller with zapper remote. Which do you reckon would make more difference? They're both around the same sort of price, give or take a couple of hundred. This is for mk5 owners obv!

·
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You both speak with experience of a gen 2 Haldex upgrade? To be honest, I'll probably do both eventually, but don't really like the way the car shuffles the power between the wheels which alters your line through corners. Makes me think Haldex first, then suspension. When it comes to the latter, KW or Bilstein??

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
simonp said:
You both speak with experience of a gen 2 Haldex upgrade? To be honest, I'll probably do both eventually, but don't really like the way the car shuffles the power between the wheels which alters your line through corners. Makes me think Haldex first, then suspension. When it comes to the latter, KW or Bilstein??
Pull the fuse out the haldex then :)

KW'S FTW

·
1,043 Posts

·
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could be interested. How do you get the controller for £655, as in your post? Did you have this fitted at some point in the past and, if so, why did you remove it?

·
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know I can buy it from them, but how do I get it for that price? Surely there will be delivery, tax, import duty and handling charges buying from the US?

What are you planning on yours then???

·
1,043 Posts
I know I can buy it from them, but how do I get it for that price? Surely there will be delivery, tax, import duty and handling charges buying from the US?

What are you planning on yours then???
This is what they quoted me about 6 months ago inc delivery and charges.
I'm planning something different like the rest of my car

·
Senior Onion collector
4,512 Posts
Haldex 1st mod all the way, vastly improves the driving experience on the Mk5

As Matt said the Remote unit I sold him has never been used, I sold it as use the manual switch in mine & its 99% stuck in sport mode as race is a bit lairy in my R

1 - 17 of 17 Posts