VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a long shot but if you don't ask you don't get so I'm asking so bam if your reading lets talk

Or anyone else for that matter cash is burning a hole .......

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
I know a guy with one that's not fitted, weather he will sell im not sure. They go for CRAAAAAAAAAAAZY money. £1800 delivered last time I checked

·
3,788 Posts
Andy G said:
I know this is a long shot but if you don't ask you don't get so I'm asking so bam if your reading lets talk

You tried HPA direct Andy?

·
3,788 Posts
Just says they're out of stock, worth an email surely?

Either that or try vwvortex, probably more plentiful second hand across the pond

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Just says they're out of stock, worth an email surely?

Either that or try vwvortex, probably more plentiful second hand across the pond
Darryl @ HPA basically says they have stopped making them and they will compile a GB at some point whenever they feel like it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I have money burning a hole but not the price of a new one I'm a conservatory fitter not a gold digger ..... Secondhand for me I'm afraid then my blue controller will be up for sale

·
3,788 Posts
Andy G said:
Ok I have money burning a hole but not the price of a new one I'm a conservatory fitter not a gold digger ..... Secondhand for me I'm afraid then my blue controller will be up for sale
If you ever sell the blue one let me know mate.

Did see a manual toggle for the mk4 controller but the page was translated and info a bit thin

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
On the upside you will get £450 for your Blue

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Silly question i think, but im new to the R32 world (ISH)

I know the Blue is an upgraded version, correct?

What's this orange and whats the difference in all three..... Stock / Blue / Orange ???

Wez

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
The Blue Haldex is a good upgrade for those that drive hard in the corners.

Do you ever feel the car shuffle power to the rear when cornering?
Do you ever feel it start to loose grip at the front, and then aggressively kick power to the rear, making the car change stance mid corner?

If you do encounter the above, then the Blue Haldex ECU will be of some use to you.
It basically reacts quicker than the standard haldex ECU, sending power to the rear axle more quickly and smoother, so what you get is more 4wd more of the time. You won't sense the rears engaging and shuffling power like you do with the Stock ECU.

The upside is that you can lean on the car and enjoy a much more neutral balance.

Downsides ? COST - it's a very expensive piece of kit.
I've had mine on the car for many years now, probably 30-40,000 miles in total, and can't think of any other downside other than the initial cost.

The ORANGE (or race) haldex ECU is same as the Blue, BUT it keeps the rear wheels fully engaged after you release the accelerator pedal (the Stock and BLUE ecu dis-engage the rear wheels immediately upon letting off the accelerator).
This means that the Orange ECU gives the car even more balance and possibly better stability under heavy braking. This you'll feel for sure on a track.
The downsides to this is that you will get rear diff binding during slow manoeuvres (eg, pulling into a parking space), something you get on Subaru WRX STIs for example.

Finally the Mk4 Golf's Haldex is called Generation 1, so it does not have the ability of a manual cockpit switch to control the aggressiveness, which you can have on the Generation2 Haldex (Mk5 R32 and on

·
Super Admin
6,829 Posts
There's a place in Germany that can modify your standard Haldex into one of the sport ones though there are differences and I cant remember what. Paulie sent me the link for them yonks ago, and I cant find it now. Might be worth asking him...

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
369 Posts

Hi Andy sorry mate but its not for sale, I will be fitting it at some point.

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
If your not willing to spend stupid money for a HPA then your not get one unless your very very lucky. I have one waiting to get fitted. There is one on vortex for sale at $1800 you can buy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts