VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

after recent conversion I have this fault code coming up:

P0040 O2 sensor Circuit, Bank 1 - Sensor 1/Bank2-Sensor 1: Swapped

Thing is that you can't swap sensors because they are color coded and brown connector has small plastic extra bit on so swap is impossible.

Post catalytic converter O2 sensors are mapped out so I'm left with two in exhaust manifold. I have contacted tuner about the issue and they didn't have that issue before. They are looking into it but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone else on here has experienced something like that.

Thank you very much for your help

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had that on the weekend after my cam change. My error was due to a very flat battery. I let it charge and I cleared the errors and all was good. Has the exhaust been done and the sensors accidentally put in the wrong holes?

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
73landau said:
I had that on the weekend after my cam change. My error was due to a very flat battery. I let it charge and I cleared the errors and all was good. Has the exhaust been done and the sensors accidentally put in the wrong holes?
You can't stick them in the wrong holes, 1 has a short wire and doesn't reach

·
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Battery was disconnected for two weeks but after we have connected battery back, car started with no issues. There are 4x O2 sensors - 2x pre cat and 2x post cat. 2x post cat were mapped out by tuner so they are not connected there anymore. 2 remaining ones can not be connected wrong way because of 3 reasons:

1, shape of sockets are different for each sensor
2, length of cable is different
3, socket/plug color is different (black to black and brown to brown)

Many thanks for help

G

·
Battery was disconnected for two weeks but after we have connected battery back, car started with no issues. There are 4x O2 sensors - 2x pre cat and 2x post cat. 2x post cat were mapped out by tuner so they are not connected there anymore. 2 remaining ones can not be connected wrong way because of 3 reasons:

1, shape of sockets are different for each sensor
2, length of cable is different
3, socket/plug color is different (black to black and brown to brown)

Many thanks for help
Can't help, I am afraid but I am very excited to read your build thread...

·
993 Posts
Can't help, I am afraid but I am very excited to read your build thread...
Hi Mootpoint,

many thanks for interest
We have solved the issue with junior hack saw

I'm not sure if I will make a build thread because of two reasons:
1, I have no clue how to directly upload photos to the forum(flikr and all that hosting elsewhere is no good)
2, I'm (excuse me my words) completely fucked off and disgusted from that facking kit I have got from them fucks from US

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
SVK said:
Hi Mootpoint, many thanks for interest
We have solved the issue with junior hack saw
I'm not sure if I will make a build thread because of two reasons: 1, I have no clue how to directly upload photos to the forum(flikr and all that hosting elsewhere is no good) 2, I'm (excuse me my words) completely fucked off and disgusted from that facking kit I have got from them fucks from US
Oh dear, I thought all was sorted ?

·
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh dear, I thought all was sorted ?
Everything sorted mate- just need to trim a bumper here and there to allow it to sit better. Picking car today and I'm not even enjoying this waiting as I should :-(

Loooooong 4 weeks of modifications on every bit of that kit took it's toll.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
SVK said:
Everything sorted mate- just need to trim a bumper here and there to allow it to sit better. Picking car today and I'm not even enjoying this waiting as I should :-( Loooooong 4 weeks of modifications on every bit of that kit took it's toll.
All will be forgotten once complete :-D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts