VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Evening Guys, just a quick feeler post regarding the P3Cars.com Vent Gauge.
For those of you who haven't seen them before they are a Digital Vent mounted gauge that pull live data from the ODB port, they are a fully plug and play unit and take about 10-30 mins to install. Unlike the other vent pods on the market these continue to allow the use of the vent for its intended purpose
There is a few different options which I will list before and a few different features too.
I'm hoping to try and run a group buy on these to combine shipping/import taxes and get a bit of discount.

The Key features are:
www.p3cars.com/install page. (more info. found here)

Boost: This mode will show vacuum and boost. Depending on settings in the config menu this may be from VAG ecu data or an external analog sensor. Boost is read in PSI by default and Vacuum is inHg. If you configure the gauge to metric boost will be in BAR.

Coolant: This mode will show your current coolant temp. Unlike the needle on your dash, this will show you exactly the temp that your engine is currently running at, and is configurable between Celsius & Fahrenheit.

Air: Air intake temperature. This is the reading of the temperature of the air entering the engine, and is configurable between Celsius & Fahrenheit.

Igntn: Actual ignition timing. This mode will show you the ignition timing of your engine in real-time.

Egt: Exhaust Gas Temperature. This is the temp of the exhaust gas as calculated by your ECU.

Throttle: Actual throttle plate position. Use this mode to see how your car changes the actual drive by wire throttle blade in relation to what your foot tells it to do.

rp-Shift: RPM readout. It can be handy to use this mode to see an exact RPM or to record/playback and see your shifts.

Speed: Actual roadspeed direct from VSS. This is the actual roadspeed value of the car, uncorrected. This is the raw value, therefore it may not match your cluster which tends to read high in many cars.

0-60: Zero to sixty Performance Timer. Come to a stop and this mode will read "Rdy…" The gauge is ready for you to accelerate to 60. As you accelerate the gauge will time you and automatically stop when you hit 60, leaving your time on the screen. When you slow to zero again the gauge will change to "Rdy…"

Batt: Battery Voltage. This is the voltage of your cars power system, anything between 13-14.5 volts while running is normal.

The gauge also have the facility for 3 analog inputs and can read any 0-5v sensor. Also one of the options they offer is an analog boost sensor that can take a boost reading at the manifold for heavily modified or for cars that were NA to begin with.

Information i got directly from the company
The gauge LOOKS like it belongs in the car. They use textures and materials that are to OEM standards. The gauge is scratch resistant , anti glare and due to the wave length matching process colour matched to your car. It is also visible in direct sunlight. As mentioned above it is expandable for future upgrades and additional sensors. Its interface is the best in the business, the fastest, most accurate information on the market. There is no lag in information relay and one a million pounds was spent in development alone. Our electronics are created for a lifetime of use in the harshest of environments. To date they have had zero electronic failures. Many other gauges make air flow an issue but all of the gauges they make retain the maximum amount of vent function and where possible actually improve wind velocities. Many other gauges use off the shelf components but their Trade Marked and Patented line of Vent Integrated Digital Interface is completely designed in house with no expense spared. Each gauge uses an aluminium housing for longevity and to act as a thermal sink to insure that even if water were shooting out your vent it would not cloud the display. Each piece is hand crafted and though the electronics can actually be functional under water and with 350 degree temp range they actually hand apply 3 layers of protection two of which are military grade.

Now for the Prices...
These are a guide as I've dragged them from P3Cars.com and converted them via XE.com so before you say yes please double check they do a gauge for your specific model and the price on there site, Do the conversion yourself as we all know the exchange rate can fluctuate slightly (Prices right as of 30/01/2014)

They have offered Free Shipping to a single Address and 10% off the RRP if a minimum order of 10 units is made so I will ship them out once I receive them and Shipping cost will be roughly £10
Again im unsure of import tax but i'd hazard a guess around the 20-25% per unit make (please don't quote me on this if someone knows better please post up) that will be calculated once they land in the UK and I will just split that equally between how ever many units are sold so the more orders the more Discount.

A3 8P/ mk2 TT (TT-R, TT-RS)
Self install Kit £236.03 plus delivery, plus import taxes
Pre Installed into a vent £387.68 plus delivery, plus import taxes
Anolog Boost Sensor £18.20 plus delivery, plus import taxes

Scirocco
Pre Installed into a vent £272.45 plus delivery, plus import taxes

Golf mk4
Pre Installed into a vent £296.67 plus delivery, plus import taxes

Golf mk5/mk6/Jetta

Subaru BR-Z/Toyota GT86

B6-B7 S4/A4
Pre Installed into a vent £327.01 plus delivery, plus import taxes

B7 S4/A4
Pre Installed into a vent £327.01 plus delivery, plus import taxes

B8 S4/A4 A5/S5
Pre Installed into a vent £351.28 plus delivery, plus import taxes

BMW 3 series
Self install Kit £248.51 plus delivery, plus import taxes
Pre Installed into a vent £296.67 plus delivery, plus import taxes

Install Guides can be found here if you want the self install kit http://www.p3cars.com/install

The Self install kit is the best value for money but if you want a simple plug and play pre installed version go for the pre installed kit as you retain your old vent to replace if you ever come to sell your car.

I'll Start the List - with my name, car make/model and year and the SKU code found on P3Cars.com once you input all your options and weather you want the anolog boost sensor.

I'll keep the list updated on R32oc.com as i will post it on a couple of forums to try and get more interest to fill the GB quicker.

BIGT1987 - R32OC VW Scirocco R SKU: P3SCRR+Vb + Anolog

sorry if its in the wrong section, didn't want to put it in the classifieds as its just a feeler, if people are interested MODs please feel free to move it to the correct section.

·
Cutting Edge Member
1,263 Posts
Anyone got one of these.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.