VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

When I ordered my car (new), I chose the paint and wheel protection option, where they apply a coating to keep the shine and protect from stone chips etc. (I don't mean the vinyl film stuff). This comes with some polish type stuff, that you apply every few months or so, to bring back the bling.

Has anyone had this treatment done to their car? I'm wondering what will happen if I use a different polish, eg Meguires, on top of this coating.

Cheers,

James

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hi James,

There are plenty of products out there for you to use.

BUT

don't just use any old sealants or waxes on wheels, as there are specific wheel waxes that can cope with brake dust heat etc that normal waxes can't.

I good one to top up with is rim wax. If you keep on top of your wheels (keeping them clean) just top up the wheel wax every so often, about every 4 weeks should do it.

there is more you can do, like adding sealant for waxing, but if your having this treatment done, just waxing after it should be ok. I would (when you get the car) add your own layer of rim wax as soon as you get it, so you know it will last.

Jonny
(Pure Detail)

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one Johnny, thanks for reply.

As you may guess from my user name, I live quite far away from you and can't bring it to your place.

The car is black, and I'm already worried about swirl marks (it hasn't even arrived yet!)

Hopefully some BladeRunner style, central Tokyo pics to come.

James

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to resume this old-ish thread.

I have manged to find a source of Meguiars out here and am thinking of using their 3-step paint cleaner, polish, and carnauba wax system.

The website says the polish will not cut the paint. As I have the protective shizzle on my paint should I wash and go to stage 2 (polish), or wash and go to stage 3 (carnauba)? or wash and use detailer spray?

I've been searching for PoorBoys etc but haven't found it here yet. I'm also nervous of using local products coz things might go wrong with language barrier.

As for wheel wax, I want something fairly easy to apply. Has anyone used the AutoGlym or Turtle wax aerosol or spray ones? The paste wax is too pricy for me (my online shopping basket of meguiars was approx 130quid! - multiple bottles and cloths) .

Cheers.

James

Oh, one more thing... I know not to do this in direct sunlight, but does temperature in the shade matter? (it's been 35deg C in the shade here recently)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts