VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
spent all day yesterday spraying my brake calipers... cleaned them all up with G101 and brake cleaner fluid then wet sanded the calipers slightly then fully dried them..
I did them on the car which took extra long as you can imagine the masking had to be done properly.. sprayed the hubs gloss black aswell. why the wheels were off i also fully cleaned them and then gave them a good couple coats of sealant to help keep them cleaner.

i know turquoise is not everyones cup of tea but i think it compliments the grey body work without being too in your face. the brake claipers before were looking a bit tired.

wil try to match the coilpack covers now and also turquoise piping inside the engine bay.... my kids are calling it smurf blue!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice mate something diffrent but I fink it goes well with the grey...

Stands out if I had grey I would defo do the same

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers guys, yeha my neighbour came out and went whoa turquoise calipers.... not sure about that... but after standing there for 5mins said that they really dont stand out and in yer face as much as i thought...i think that was a compliment...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like it! A lot more than I thought I would
cheers yeah had a work mate say the same thing this morning and my mate said it sunday... kinda yeah when you first said turquoise i was like hmmm not sure, but having seen it it doesnt look bad.... this is coming form a guy that keeps his car completely standard and doesnt like any mods...

·
19,388 Posts
Shouldn't work but somehow it does:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shouldn't work but somehow it does:)
Cheers perhaps as I have kept to blue (in a way) that its not so different. if i had gone orange or something then wouldnt have worked so well. Some of the pictures make them look brighter than they really are aswell. its a soft turquoise if that makes sense rather than in your face neon turquoise (if one exsists)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Yeah when you refurbing mine? I'll stay standard though mate

·
19,388 Posts
Cheers perhaps as I have kept to blue (in a way) that its not so different. if i had gone orange or something then wouldnt have worked so well. Some of the pictures make them look brighter than they really are aswell. its a soft turquoise if that makes sense rather than in your face neon turquoise (if one exsists)
It looks like a nice summer pastel shade

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers all, yeah if you have a DPB i dont think PASTEL as bob calls it would work

one of those jobs that can easily be put back to standard when it comes to sell.....

·
5,496 Posts
Is it me, or does it look like you painted the brake pad guides as well? could make changing the pads over a bit of a faff when the time comes??

·
Registered
977 Posts
Just noticed you've done the retainers to match also, is that a decal over the top then? If not how have you done it?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just noticed you've done the retainers to match also, is that a decal over the top then? If not how have you done it?!
yeha i wanted a bigger block of colour and the R on my retainer had faded probably due to the amount of wheel cleaner i have to use to clean the wheels up (hate these wheels for cleaning too many little nooks and crannies to get into). its a 10 year vinyl logo i original printed out a template in card, cut it out and was going to spray it on... i trie dit and it work in theory but not sure about getting it spot on with the caliper but i'll see how these logos hold up. A local shop that knocked up my centre cap logos did them for me, cost about £2.00 so for that i dont mind having to change them eveyr 6 months or so. I read that some people lacquer over them to keep them on but witht he paint i have its not suppose to have lacquer over it so i didnt bother.

·
Registered
977 Posts
yeha i wanted a bigger block of colour and the R on my retainer had faded probably due to the amount of wheel cleaner i have to use to clean the wheels up (hate these wheels for cleaning too many little nooks and crannies to get into). its a 10 year vinyl logo i original printed out a template in card, cut it out and was going to spray it on... i trie dit and it work in theory but not sure about getting it spot on with the caliper but i'll see how these logos hold up. A local shop that knocked up my centre cap logos did them for me, cost about £2.00 so for that i dont mind having to change them eveyr 6 months or so. I read that some people lacquer over them to keep them on but witht he paint i have its not suppose to have lacquer over it so i didnt bother.
Yeah I'd read they didn't last long hence why I asked but theyre easy to redo like you said

I really want to do mine red now.... But as mentioned above I've nowhere to do it

Need a new house now for sure lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts