VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goose's Mindless Bint Rant
-------------------------

So i stopped at a local bp in the widest 45 degree parking bay i could find to pick up a few bits of shopping, making sure there was at least 3 or 4 foot between me and the cars either side of me. whilst paying i checked out the arse of the 20 something lady in front of me (not bad I thought!), she paid and i stepped up next. 45 seconds later i'm following her across the forecourt about 40 yards behind her (again enjoying the view), only to watch her open the drivers door of her pug 206 2 clicks, stopping about 3 inches from my NSR wheel arch. cool, i thought.

she then swings that junk in and kicks her door open a further notch in the process.. SMACK! :angry:

now i wouldn't normally, its not in my character, but i'd just washed and waxed the R and had a minor sense of humour bypass.

i shouted "Oi", to which she replied "WHAT" in the chaviest of Reading tones (illusion shattered!), "you just hit my car!", "AND?".. "WTF i replied???".. "i sed soz din i?" (god help me)... "i spend ages keeping my motor clean, only for c**ts like you to f***ing wreck it.. thanks, thanks a F****ING bunch!".

now i don't normally use the c word (except clown that is!), especially to a woman, but i was proper livid.

she started her pug sharpish and shot off, and when at a safe distance she gave me all sorts of kind hand gestures whilst i stood around ranting at the general vecinity.

now my question is this; while i was politely giving her my views i inspected the damage and its the size of a stone-chip on a bonnet (which kind of difused my rage) but what would you/can you do?????

goose

·
4,328 Posts
Sorry to hear this mate. To be honest mate i would of probably acted like you but in a lot nicer way, eg instead fo shouting probably walked over and pointed out what she had just done.

But if that still ended with the same result i would of taken reg number and called the cops saying what happened and they drove away from it without giving details etc etc. Yeah i know that sounds really anal but then i do beleive that if you let 'them' get away anything then met time they will take a mile, ie the p**s.

But this is probably just a drunk rant as been a long day being sworn at too much day, doh.

·
1,184 Posts
pomme said:
But this is probably just a drunk rant as been a long day being sworn at too much day, doh.
That's why you should also move to primary mate!

Sorry to hear that goose, what a silly b***h. Hate people who don't respect other's cars.:angry:

·
6,197 Posts
or you could have hit the corner of her back window with your key......smash.....oops sorry......its ok init! i said sorry......f'ing chav cnuts.....grrrrr

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
595 Posts
Goose

Not the R, but my last car, a Passat was parked at a busy out of town shopping centre. I made my way back to the car with the missus and noticed a Ford Galaxy pulled to the right of mine. As I stood and waited for the whole family to decamp, the child in the nsr seat flung open his/her door straight into my car, which shook with the bang. The damage was a stone chip sized hole in the paint, along with a dent the size of a 5p.

We exchanged details and I got the thing repaired at no cost to me via his insurance. I'm sure he wasn't pleased but that's what child locks are for.

What you've just been in is a collision between two vehicles. I would have been inclined to do the above, and either deal with it through the insurance or if she wants to pay you off, and you are OK with that, do it privately.

Did you get the reg number? It's an offence to drive off from the scene of an accident ("soz" or no "soz")

·
777 Posts
thats unlucky mate, a sad case of the world today. No respect from people to others or their property.

When I had the Audi I parked in a residential street in Edinburgh a yr ago where my g/f was living (Merchiston, a nice area of Edinburgh) and was walking away and watched this idiot in a 106 park his car right up to my front bumper and make contact with it slowly. I ran back and said "WTF are you doing" and he was like "oh its only just touching isnt it!".

Needless to say I made him move it and told him just cause he didnt care about his Sh1tty little pug and what happens to it, other people cared about their cars and thats not how to park.

I always try and park in a corner bay so at least there is only 1 car next to me which could scratch the car or try and park next to newish Beemer/audi/Merc as I would expect them not to want to trash their door on my car. Then again, they might be complete ignorant fools and not give a toss.

It pisses my girlfriend off mildly but I usually park miles away from the shop in the car park in a good space, as most peeps are lazy and wanna park as close as possible and walk the least distance.

·
3,281 Posts
I have the same predicament 4 times a week when I go to the gym. However there are certain spots where no one can park next to it. I never take the R to the shops or supermarket, the Alfa shopping trolley is for that! If on the odd occasion I need to nip in, yes, you'll find it in the rear corner of the furthest most point of the car park! (Note to self, good idea for a TV ad!).

All you can do is minimize it, however no matter what you do they are easy to pick up. Get this, I was on my way back from the GTi Festival and arranged to pick the wife up at a service station where a mate dropped her off.

It was pissing with rain and her mate parked right next to me (as I was again right in the corner of the car park!), we drove home and I was cleaning the car the next day and what do I find? A fookin great dent in the passenger side door!!! I was racking my brains as to where the hell I could have picked it up from and then I quizzed Amanda and low and behold I get a 'Shit I know who did that!!!' Yea her feckin mate did it when she dropped her of in her piece of shit 206.

Problem is, people don't realize what damage opening a car door onto another one does, she had no idea she'd dented my door and scratched it, not a feckin clue! So, £30 later and a good few passes with the G220, it's gone but what can you do?!!

·
1,957 Posts
psg001 said:
It pisses my girlfriend off mildly but I usually park miles away from the shop in the car park in a good space, as most peeps are lazy and wanna park as close as possible and walk the least distance.
I do the same and it annoys the hell out of my girlfriend too but she's given up moaning about it now.

·
3,732 Posts
i feel you pain dude, but because you swore at her she could claim that she felt threatened by you which gave her reason to flee...even elaborate it to the fact that the damage happened because of it. these things have a habit of getting messy.

if its vandalism then yeh take their face off but if its something like this then fist in a velvet glove would be needed and try and verbally solve it on the scene.

ive collected far too many tesco badges to list them all, but the worst one on the R32 is where some one parked next to it and they must have been fat! when they got in their door made contact and when they climbed in the door rubbed up and down...cue nice zigzag damage

·
42 Posts
Goose,
i enjoyed reading your thread. you should not feel bad about your use of words, i think i would have been the same. some people just dont feel like us about cars, money spent blood sweat and a like.
hope the car is ok and you have managed to hide the chip.

·
1,485 Posts
Someone has opened there door onto my passenger door, leaving a dent the size of a £2 coin.

I'm yet to have it fixed but I now solely park across 2 spaces.

£70 to fix it or people thinking your a t'wat? I know which I'd take.

·
4,328 Posts
I have thought about doing that Ed but i thought in a supermarket type car park they can ticket you for this, and in a pay and display car park you would have to buy two tickets?

·
1,485 Posts
pomme said:
I have thought about doing that Ed but i thought in a supermarket type car park they can ticket you for this, and in a pay and display car park you would have to buy two tickets?
They can't give you a ticket in supermarket type car parks as I believe they are un manned, as it is free parking.

I've never thought about buying 2 tickets, although that is a very good idea. Bit of a grey area I suspect.

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i know i know, i shouldnt have acted the way i did, believe me when i say Geese are very placid creatures.. except when provocted, or are protecting their young!

I am in no way condoning the use of the angry "Clown" word, but understand i was just stunned at what she had just done, and her response was so flippant!

No, i didnt get her reg (hindsight and all that!), and i wish i'd taken her picture as evidence - facially that is... ahem :blushed: not her velvet glove VC !

slightly more sedate goose

ps. reading through the replies.. WTF is up with Peugeot drivers????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.