VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
19,407 Posts
Check the part numbers from a 2nd source before ordering
  • Aero wiper arm (Part Number 6Q6 955 707 C)
  • Aero wiper blade (Part Number 6Q6 955 425 A)
  • Cap (Part Number 6Q6 955 435 D)

·
19,407 Posts
I thought the Polo wiper was the one to change to. What are the numbers for the Mk5 one?
Don't quote me but I'm sure they are the same. The wiper blade certainly is as I've got a 2004 Polo and it took the same blade as my R32.

Fabia estate arm and blade are also another alternative.

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Don't quote me but I'm sure they are the same. The wiper blade certainly is as I've got a 2004 Polo and it took the same blade as my R32.

Fabia estate arm and blade are also another alternative.
I've heard two different reports regarding these wipers.. One, some say they are the same size, and look pretty much identical, and two, some say the MK5 is about 1 cm longer, not sure which.. As for the Skoda ones though, the Fabia inparticular, it's supposed to be a lot longer.. On a side note, some that do the MK5 arm use a Touran blade as it's longer but still looks nice.

[background=rgb(251, 251, 251)]And if you want the Touran blade instead of the MK5 blade, that's [/background][background=rgb(251, 251, 251)]7E0 955 425[/background]

[background=rgb(251, 251, 251)]P.S. You WILL have to trim a couple of mm off the back face of the cap (the part that touches the glass) in order to get it to fit, but take it bit by bit and evenly all around so you end up with a snug (but not tight) fit.. And you may have to increase the washer jet hole marginally too as it can often affect the spray angle if you don't..

Hope that helps..[/background]

·
19,407 Posts
I've heard two different reports regarding these wipers.. One, some say they are the same size, and look pretty much identical, and two, some say the MK5 is about 1 cm longer, not sure which.. As for the Skoda ones though, the Fabia inparticular, it's supposed to be a lot longer..
Polo and MK5 blades are certainly the same length as I've swapped them between the 2 cars. Never checked tne length of the arm.

I believe the Fabia hatchback one is longer but the one off the estate is the correct length.

·
5,500 Posts
Is there any reason you've chosen a Polo wiper over the MK5 one??
They are the same part infact

The touran wiper blade is a better match over the polo/golf blade. Touran wiper blade is about 1cm longer, so it actually wipes more of the glass, and importantly it actually wipes over the 3rd brake light area

·
5,500 Posts
If u want to chop and change, some people use the fabia and audi a4 combo, but it takes a bit more bodging (modding). The Polo arm and Touran wiper are perfect fit once u scrub the cap slightly

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.