VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do people really polish then wax their cars after??!

After I wash and dry, I've only been applying Autoglym high resin polish.

Should I go get a decent Wax and apply that afterwards also? If so any recommendations. I've read some of the other threads and some of you are like stockists!! lol! :p

McGuires seems to be a popular one that people use.

Cheers!

G

·
Hi Gikseiman

Yup! That polish is a very fine cutting polish, so you'll definately need to wax your car to protect her again! And it'll help to make her even shinier!

Caroline & Rob

·
155 Posts
i recently bought some dodo juice purple and i am going to give it a go this weekend. thats ment to be very good. but can any one suggest a decent polish one that is good a getting out fine swirls.

·
Registered
358 Posts
biggs said:
i recently bought some dodo juice purple and i am going to give it a go this weekend. thats ment to be very good. but can any one suggest a decent polish one that is good a getting out fine swirls.
If you're working by hand then just get yourself some Autoglym Super Resin polish, it wont remove the swirls but it will fill/mask them and give a good base for the Dodo Juice (which is a very good wax by the way)! :)

Meguiars Scratch X will remove light scratches and swirls too but to do a whoile car with it you'll end up with arms like Popeye!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
How sad are we all?! I wish I had time to do more of the ol' polish and waxing - generally only gets a good wash....

·
1,222 Posts
Well which Dodo Juice does one buy for a DBP R32 ?

Dodo Juice Purple Haze (Purple)
Dodo Juice Orange Crush (Orange)
Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub (Green)
Dodo Juice Banana Armour (Yellow)
Dodo Juice Light Fantastic (Light)

Why can't life be simple ?

·
387 Posts
yes wax, people really are Polish :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
zirconium said:

I would go with the Purple

·
3,732 Posts
zirconium said:

i'm gunna give this stuff a go after reading this thread

with those names though, i wont know whether to drink it, rub it on the mrs or put it on the car :D

maybe all 3! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did my black 07 last week with the purple haze and am impressed. Absolute doddle to apply and remove which was nice. Even in direct sunlight.

Want to add another coat if it will stop raining long enough.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Very Cherry said:
i'm gunna give this stuff a go after reading this thread

with those names though, i wont know whether to drink it, rub it on the mrs or put it on the car :D

maybe all 3! :D
:laugh:

You'll have a hard time drinking it but the other two options are all good! :top:

·
110 Posts
Plodd said:
.....Want to add another coat if it will stop raining long enough.
You will be lucky mate !! :s:

·
Registered
7 Posts
zirconium said:

don't mean to be difficult, we basically have soft waxes and hard waxes. so here is the run down:

soft waxes:

Rainforest Rub - this is the original formula and first wax, can be used on all colours and paint types.

all the waxes use the same formula in foundation but have added ingredients to enhance them on specific colour types.

Light Fantastic - best on light coloured cars; whites, silvers and other high brightness colours

Orange Crush - best on warm coloured cars; oranges, reds, burgundys, deep yellows

Purple Haze - best on dark coloured cars; blacks, navys, flake blues, dark greys

Banana Armour - this is our hard wax, giving slightly longer durability and reformulated to work on warm coloured cars, but, have seen and done great things on many different colours. most recently a silver merc

·
102 Posts
Hi all.

I popped by edition38 today and felt a little guilty about the state of my car. Having left with a Meguiar's wheel brush, grit guard and lambswool glove, I now need some products to use with them. I've always used Autoglym but have run out. I need a wheel cleaner, shampoo and wax (new car, polished just before I got it). It seems dodo juice is pretty popular on this forum but how does it work with another company's shampoo (eg Meguiar's Gold Class)? I'm not really a concours type but do like a bit 'o shine. Having said that I was always happy with Autoglym Super Resin Polish then Extra Gloss Protection. I didn't wax then.

Has anyone tried Meguiar's "Nxt Generation Tech Wax", which claims to wax and polishes in one? Is this a suitable substitute for my old regime

Sorry for so many questions! To be honest I'm struggling to work out what to use.

·
1,084 Posts
You and me are in the same boat!

Try explaining Carnauba, in Japanese, to someone who works in the equivalent of halfords.

Megs NXT Gen Tech shampoo is rated by my mates who use it. Poor boys products are meant to be good too. But I don't know all the ins and outs of waxes and polishes. Hopefully the Dodo will be along soon....

Dodo? Any outlets in Tokyo perchance??

James.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts