VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fok

i am thinking of rebuilding my mk5 r32 with so performance part ie pistons cams etc. does anybody know any good web sites for parts?

Cheers mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not looked into it much. I think i am going to need a full rebuild anyway so i was wanting to see the price difference from VW parts

·
4,134 Posts
If you already need a rebuild that will be the perfect opportunity. Schrick cams will set you back £8-900, if you wanted a gas flowed head that'll be £1650 with a £600 exchange for your current head, pistons and rods will be around £1500. Chain kits are around £200 as are head gasket sets. If you needed any engine spares, head or block and all other parts, Lucifer on here always has parts or complete engines for sale, he can also advise on where to get parts for good prices.
Why do you need a rebuild if you don't mind saying?

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you already need a rebuild that will be the perfect opportunity. Schrick cams will set you back £8-900, if you wanted a gas flowed head that'll be £1650 with a £600 exchange for your current head, pistons and rods will be around £1500. Chain kits are around £200 as are head gasket sets. If you needed any engine spares, head or block and all other parts, Lucifer on here always has parts or complete engines for sale, he can also advise on where to get parts for good prices.
Why do you need a rebuild if you don't mind saying?
misfire on low rev got it checked out and Low compression on 5 cylinders. So not looking good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you getting any smoke, overheating or any other symptoms?
not any other symptoms just started a mad misfire, took it right to a vw dealer that is when they said about the low compression.. the water pump went and got replace just before all this happened.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had it been overheating when the pump was shot? Could have warped the head if it did?
no did not overheat was just pissing coolant out as soon i put it in. The garage are taking the head off today should find out soon...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Clylinder head needs replaced. VW want 6k lol. So i am now looking for a cylinder head if anybody can help?????

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
There was a tuning company that forged the internals of a R32 and eeked 320hp out of it. Very costly and it was just to show it could be done.

Hard luck fella

1 - 20 of 25 Posts