VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Long Member
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Mk4 R for little under a week now and I have to say she drives like a dream. The power is relentless and every time I walk up to her I feel so proud...such a beautiful design. I don't think VW has built anything better looking since.
I was in the petrol station earlier today when someone came up and said 'I bet that costs a lot more than mine to run!' to which I replied 'I don't know, it doesn't cost as much as my Gallardo'. He walked away. I don't own a Lamborghini.

IMG_2493-001.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well least you didn't get asked is it a diesal? And why didn't you get the gti ? Like I did last week which I was so disgusted I didn't even answer an walked away and drove off.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well least you didn't get asked is it a diesal? And why didn't you get the gti ? Like I did last week which I was so disgusted I didn't even answer an walked away and drove off.
People who say that are only jealous mate, I've been asked the same thing, I rise above it and laugh.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
I have had a few times "why didn't you buy the top spec golf a GTI"

And many times "is that a 2 litre then"

Some people just don't have a clue

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds daft but I love how an R32 even makes going to the petrol station fun. People turn their heads as you pull up, you can see them looking in the corner of their eye. If no one talks to you you can give it a little rev as you pull away and you have the biggest smile in the forecourt. And if anyone makes a wise crack they're either jealous or clueless - and another reason to laugh.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
3,281 Posts
Try telling people 4.2 they just laugh in your face!!

·
Long Member
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds daft but I love how an R32 even makes going to the petrol station fun. People turn their heads as you pull up, you can see them looking in the corner of their eye. If no one talks to you you can give it a little rev as you pull away and you have the biggest smile in the forecourt. And if anyone makes a wise crack they're either jealous or clueless - and another reason to laugh.
Haha so very true...the noise, the road presence. Sad to admit but I only go to the attractive petrol stations now with good forecourt lighting and good visibility from the shop!

·
Long Member
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jokers! Don't we all wish we had year 2000 model gti with cloth seats and 170k miles on the clock!

·
2,204 Posts
A guy asked me if mine was a gas guzzeling 1.8 haha. His face when i told him! THREE POINT TWO MATE :))
A work colleague asked how much I paid for my "GTI" recently

That pleased me in a way as it's debadged and if he was clueless it was an R, then other people will be too, including potential thieves!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts