VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a first meeting fellas, not too bad a show! Shame a couple had to leave early but heres hoping that the turnout gets better every time.

Good to put some names to faces, great bunch of lads. Andy be sure not to let us down next time :wink:

Are we up for making this a monthly thing now fellas?

·
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, sounds good. I did like the fact that we could retire to the warmness of the bar and keep an eye on the cars though.

Deffo wouldn't want to be there if Leeds were playing though!

·
1,184 Posts
Good pics, mine not the best but all the same...

and a few of the other Vdub boys at the venue....some sweet earlier examples!:wink:

Poor weather means pics not the best buta good turnout none the less. Good work lads:)

·
777 Posts
looking good guys. Is this a blue and black R32 only meet? Where are all the silver ones??!!! Those blue ones look nice. Like the 3d number plate. Was wondering whether I should get a number plate R32 *** but as its not my initials went against it. You can get R32 NEF for £845!! I've got a 911 plate, hopefully to go on a 911 one day.

Priyan

·
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tokyo Dub said:
Whoa!

What a great turnout.

Cheers for the pics.

Leeds weather looking grim as ever....
Tell me about it fella. It tried it's hardest to rain but it mostly kept away, at least we had the pub to retire to!!

·
1,184 Posts
You got a purple door interest, bet it's warmer in there than the peacock ;)

Reckon changing the venue is a nice idea, might interest different people to come along, maybe rotate around three or four places?

There is a great spot off the M62 at J23(Saddleworth) at a pub overlooking the reservoir (only if the weather is good as it can get quite windy)? Might attract some of the North West members across? Just a thought?!

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
Hi, it appears to be a good turn out some nice cars (obviously) hopefully a nice crowd sharing the same enthuasiasm? Anyway, I'm not too familiar with Leeds area, as you may have guessed the last time I was there it was for a 'Stag do' (long long time ago). However, as for which area (you guys know- good or bad?) I would go with you lot. The only request I have (if you haven't already/or possible) is to include a post code for those (like myself) using satnav who live a bit further. Cheers Muchos :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi,i live in hull,east yorkshire so could be tempted if you guys meet up agian,was just wondering if those plates are legal (R32 VKL)??? Any one no?

thanks

·
697 Posts
come along pal

as for the plates unfortunately they are illegal as they are german plates which the filth don't like

·
777 Posts
I like the R32 VKL pressed plate too. Thats a shame its illegal tho. German plates, german car...... Rozzers not having any of it! Buggers.

·
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
andysR32 said:
When we doing it again boys?
Hows the third Sunday in every month sound? Beginning and end of the month seem to be times when people organize stuff, middle of the months are usually a quiet time for me - I may be wrong but make your name heard if you've any objections :wink:

There have been suggestions about changing the venue every now and then, but imho it may make organizing the meet and selecting the area a little difficult and effect numbers. In my experience, the same venue at the same time every month always keeps good numbers.

One thing we will have to do is keep an eye on Leeds match fixtures, the last thing we need is a load of pissed up football fans giving us grief. (Not that they are all bad!).

Any comments?

·
697 Posts
if leeds were at home it would cost us £4 apiece to use the car park lol

any chance of evening meets through the week

1 - 20 of 28 Posts