VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It turned out to be a nice morning, so I decided to go out and snap some pics. This is my first attempt at trying to find some descent spots to shoot the .:R. They are not the best but a few of them turned out o.k. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for spots when i am driving around. I also did a little messing around with the photo editing software as you will be able to tell. Hope you enjoy :)

and this is how you plow sand with a cupra lip ;)

Here's a couple of engine shots too. No FI :mad: but platinum grey FTW :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you :151: I like the AEM alot. I have a bypass valve for it that I am going to be installing soon.
I really like the 4motion badge where it is also. My car is completely debadged on the outside so I had to find strategic places to put badges on the ride...I have an .:R badge on my glovebox and it looks really good there...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just ordered up new wheels today. I ordered RH Alurad RAN's in 19x8.5 offset of 32. Should be here mid week. I'll make sure to throw pics up when I get them on. I'm really excited. Here's a pic of the wheel...

·
1,432 Posts
I actually preferred the Le Mans wheels you had posted on Vortex and the prices seem quite favourable. So much so in fact I seriously thought about selling the Sportec Monos yesterday :) Should I do it LOL:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the Lemans alot too. When it came down to getting adapters, wheels to fit 9.5 on the backs(255/30/19) it would of ended up being about the same price. I had a somewhat hook up on the RAN's. Running the stagggered too, you can't do any rotating of tires and 255's are not cheap. Plus with the offsets you would end up with you would have some serious pokage but they would definitely look sweet. I guess I decided to get the RAN's so that I can run a more tucked look then I would have been able to with the Lemans... Here's a pic of the RAN's sitting in front of an Audi. I think they are going to look really hot. I'd love to see the Lemans on your car though. I love the look of that wheel :)

·
286 Posts
Fiftypence, are them victors available in fitment for an .:R, thought they were just audi??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They are porsche fitment. You can run 19x8's on the fronts with an ET45 and 19x9.5's on the rears with an ET49. You will need to run 5x100 to 5x130 20mm adapters, so your final offsets will be 25 front and 29 rear so you will have so pokage. For wheels on a staggered setup and AWD the Rolling diameter has to be within 4% of each other or the haldex will be way out of wack. So you are looking at running 225/35/19 on the fronts and 255/30/19 on the rears.

·
1,432 Posts
I love the lip on the Le Mans too, I wouldnt have 19s again tho, least not in 8.5 on the front unless the offset was correct to minimise or remove rubbing completely from the front.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just noticed that your R32 has black headlining, just like the GTI Anniversary. I take it that this is because it's a US car. Here in the UK, R32s get the standard light grey headliner. The black looks sooo much nicer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FiftyPenceR32 said:
I love the lip on the Le Mans too, I wouldnt have 19s again tho, least not in 8.5 on the front unless the offset was correct to minimise or remove rubbing completely from the front.
What the offset on your wheels now? Are your fenders rolled?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
antera309 said:
I just noticed that your R32 has black headlining, just like the GTI Anniversary. I take it that this is because it's a US car. Here in the UK, R32s get the standard light grey headliner. The black looks sooo much nicer.
Yep, US cars got the black :rock:

1 - 20 of 166 Posts