VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Had the Bilstein B16 PSS9 Suspension Fitted today :). Thought I take a few pictures of the process + some pictures of past mods (Haldex Upgrade & Hi-Flow Cats)

First things first!! the new suspension is awesome, I have it on setting 9 and the car feels so positive and it feels like it is floating in air if you know what I mean!

So A little information about the Bilstein B16 PSS9 system

PSS 9 System
The Bilstein PSS 9 Suspension provides the ultimate in performance tuning. The fully-adjustable monotube gas shock absorbers offer a selection of nine precise compression and rebound settings, from comfort to competition. The front and rear progressive rate springs allow accurate adjustment of the vehicle ride height and center of gravity for the level of performance you seek.

Now you can enjoy the kind of precise suspension tuning formerly available only on race cars. The PSS 9 system puts you in complete control. Whether it's a weekend of competition or the daily commute, absolute handling and control are just a few twists away.

Car on Ramps

Taking the old suspension off

New Front Bilstein B16 PSS9

New Back Bilstein B16 PSS9

Front Bilstein Suspension being fitted

Back Bilstein B16 PSS9

With Tyres Fitted

So thats the end of the Suspension

Now onto the Haldex Upgrade

The Hi-Flow Cats

Anyway at Big Thanks to John @ JMR (John Mitchell Racing) as always and 110% well done job.

·
479 Posts
Looks awsome mate! cant wait to save some money myself and start the mods on my r nice pics

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
looks good. see the cats have gone golden already lol. got them nice and warm. suspension looks ace

·
479 Posts
:tongue:
the beast said:
Looks awsome mate! cant wait to save some money myself and start the mods on my r nice pics

·
479 Posts
I see you still have the standard discs and pads are you going to change these at any point?. Went to my local stealers for a price on these items 180pounds each for the discs and 174pounds for the pad set what a rip off

·
479 Posts
funny that i was looking at those this week lot cheaper than vw and a lot better had them on my v6 mondeo really good brembo discs with mintex fast road pads

·
57 Posts
Great pics

Could you take some more pics from a distance, so i can see the stance?

How would these compare to say KW V3.

How much lower is this set up to standard.

Is this your weekend car or daily driver. Just thinking as i'm looking for suspension in a month or 2

:cool:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
discs and pads are alot! really dont know why either. im doing a gb on front pads if anyone is interested good quality at very good prices.

G

·
Great work there. Would be interested to see how the car sits, as mentioned above. Give the suspension a good 1000 miles or so to settle down.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,485 Posts
Looking good.

Where about in West Sussex are you from? I'm thinking of using JMR next month, take it you rate them?

·
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where about in West Sussex are you from? I'm thinking of using JMR next month
I am from littlehampton, maybe we could meet up and I introduce you 2 him? or for those of you in sussex that would like to meet him, we are attending the Club GTI meet this sunday and you can see the car at the same time. let me know and we will go together

take it you rate them?
Yes I do, He is the type of bloke that loves cars and will stay until the job is finished. take the suspension fit, the parts should have arrive at his workshop @ 10am but the only turned up much later. so he stayed until 7pm last night until all the work was completed. now how many garages would do that!

Also next week he is coming with me to West Tuning to get the car remap, not charging me for his time! all done because he takes an interest and wants to see the car develop through its stages. has anybody else had a mechanic that would do that?

Any pics of how the car sits all round?
Not yet as we only finished at 7pm last night and I have cat show all day today (Saturday) to attend.

How would these compare to say KW V3.
can't really answer that as I have never had KW V3, but both systems are top quality! after many reviews on the internet it would appear that the PSS9 are better than the KW V3. but that is my understanding of what I read. I had my heart set on KW V3 before I got the Bilstein PSS9

s this your weekend car or daily driver
Every other weekend car, only done 80 miles last month :D

How much lower is this set up to standard
About 30-40 mm

·
5,616 Posts
Nice one mate, looking sweet... you'd obviously just cleaned her too.

For some reason I also do this before getting any work done!!

·
1,485 Posts
Sure thing.

I'm just waiting for him to reply to an email about prices for a Milltek.

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Hi Shaun , See you have got your suspension done,Sounds like you have found a good bloke there to work on your car as you said " He is the type of bloke that loves cars and will stay until the job is finished, so he stayed until 7pm the other night until all the work was completed. now how many garages would do that!".

Whats the garage called and has he got an web site?

And he is coming with you to West Tuning to get the car remap, And he is NOT charging you for his time!
Bet you can't wait for the first of Feb.

·
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi James

the website is

http://www.johnmitchellracing.co.uk/

The website is not the best, however he is working on this. and I believe he is getting it redesigned.

Yep the 1st of Feb will be great :D, I met Carl32 (From www.R32oc.com) at the Club GTI meet today which was good, Happy to see another R32 owner!

I put him in contact with John @ JMR and now he is getting some work down by him. Good honest mechanic's are hard 2 fine.

·
Registered
222 Posts
how easy is it to change rebound on Bilstein? i mean if you thinking like this one day out driving; ooohh i want to race that car but im in comfort mode, do you pop out and twist to sport mode?
How reacheable on a comfort scale is it?

not as this would have been?

·
1,485 Posts
Yea, websites not upto much.

I emailed all of the Vag tuners in the sussex area plus a few others, hopefully John will reply tomorrow :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts