VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you guys fitted a pilliar boost gauge to your supercharged R's??

:confused:

·
4,328 Posts
i am going to be fitting a draft 42 design one tomorrow, but not a boost one.

I guess you are wondering whether it is okay. I have heard so as the airbag only comes down about half way and the bottom stays in place so the pod shouldnt stop it coming out.

hth

andrew

·
1,432 Posts
Indeed I believe it was I who confirmed that too Andy :)

I have the gauge mount but have not yet fitted it because first I need to get it recovered then get the HPA FT360 kit installed.

And it is definitely fine mounted on the A-pillar as I have seen a picture of the airbags deployed and it clearly illustrates that there is enough room for the gauge mount below where the airbag comes out.

·
616 Posts
Here you go!
I haven't had it glued in place so it's not stuck on properly (didn't want it permanent)

·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice nice nice.!!!!!!!!1
iv had mine for a few weeks but just getting it fitted 2moz!!!
cant wait,looks so cool in the dark with the matching LEDs to the original dash!!
was gona do it myself but aint very good with wires hahaha.
be good to keep an eye on the psi!!!

·
4,328 Posts
FiftyPenceR32 said:
Indeed I believe it was I who confirmed that too Andy :)

I have the gauge mount but have not yet fitted it because first I need to get it recovered then get the HPA FT360 kit installed.

And it is definitely fine mounted on the A-pillar as I have seen a picture of the airbags deployed and it clearly illustrates that there is enough room for the gauge mount below where the airbag comes out.
yep it was mate. mine is going in on saturday :)

·
1,432 Posts
Tam did you read my post above?

I confirmed that the A-pillar mounted boost gauge does not effect the airbag. I have clearly seen a picture of the airbag deployed and the gauge mount will not effect it.

·
63 Posts
Hi,

Can any of you help me, Just trying to install a boost gauge to my vf Stage 1 R32,

I have the gauge all fitted but not sure what pipe i have to put the T connector in,

If any of you could let me know that be really useful.

Thanks,

Tom

·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey mate!!

it this vacum pipe in the pics here.not the best pics but hope you get the jist o fit!!

hope it helps you bud

1 - 9 of 9 Posts