VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone else suffer from the occasional pinging noise from the rear drivers side?

I have checked the suspension visually and it looks good, however the noise is best described as a sticky spring which when released goes ping.

It only happens now and then but it is driving me nuts :argh:

Any advice would be great

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Hi Shaun on Friday after finishing work

We went round-a-round-about and heard two knocking / banging noises

Had a look and could not see anything (This also was on the rear drivers side)

My R is going to VW on Monday evening for Air-con motor flap, I hope they can have a look and see if they spot anything.

·
572 Posts
Maybe the rear anti-roll bar or drop links? I sometimes get a funny sound going over the odd speed bump.

·
748 Posts
Mine used to make this when I first lowered the car however I have raised the rear up slightly since and it doesn't do it anymore

·
479 Posts
Hi caxton let me how much the stealers charge you as i have the same trouble with mine?

·
7,935 Posts
the beast said:
Hi caxton let me how much the stealers charge you as i have the same trouble with mine?
Hi,

I will be dropping my R off tomorrow evening and I will let you know some time later in the week what the price is mate,

Think it will have to be the dash out to get it sorted as there is two air con flaps.

·
7,935 Posts
caxton01 said:
Hi Shaun on Friday after finishing work

We went round-a-round-about and heard two knocking / banging noises

Had a look and could not see anything (This also was on the rear drivers side)

My R is going to VW on Monday evening for Air-con motor flap, I hope they can have a look and see if they spot anything.
Well, My R has had its air con flap replaced.

I also asked VW to inspect the car as I had a knocking / banging sound on Friday...............They found nothing , So I asked them then to have another look and they spotted a broken rear spring.

Going to get one replaced by VW garage as under waranty and want to get them paired up as I think its best to have two new ones on the car,

So going to get the other one replaced when I go to APS on Monday for my 60K service.

PS- VW wanted £166.00 to replace ONE spring.(The good one) :marchmellow:

·
7,935 Posts
caxton01 said:
Hi,

I will be dropping my R off tomorrow evening and I will let you know some time later in the week what the price is mate,

Think it will have to be the dash out to get it sorted as there is two air con flaps.
Greetings Beast,

Well I got my car back and the price from VW for the V71 flap motor was £267.90 (What I had replaced)

The other one is Temp flap motor and is £375.00

I hope this helps or you can just keep it in the open position as you have done,lol.
:ciao:

·
Registered
1 Posts
This noise is caused by very high internal cylinder temperatures. Most common cause is an egr problem or a very lean fuel mixture-if you continue to drive with it pinging you may melt holes in your pistons etc.

·
19,404 Posts
This noise is caused by very high internal cylinder temperatures. Most common cause is an egr problem or a very lean fuel mixture-if you continue to drive with it pinging you may melt holes in your pistons etc.
Welcome to the forum

That's a completely different issue to what the OP describes.

What you refer to is pinking caused by premature detonation which is totally different to tbe issue discussed here.

·
575 Posts
Well thanks for bringing the post back up, I now know my AC flap motor has been replaced!! Ha ha, don't remember seeing that in the receipts... But it probably is somewhere Lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts