VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took me long enough to buy one and it's not the 'freshest' of Mk4 Mods, but the weather was nice tonight so I though I'd finally join the Polo rear wiper brigade...

Couple of pics and a very basic 'How To' in my Facebook captions (Copied for those without Facebook)

I think it looks loads better and I don't know why I didn't do this 4years ago, lol! :shot:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=24062&id=758472852

Just a few shots of what's involved in fitting a Polo 'Aero' rear wiper to a Mk4 Golf.

Basically remove the existing retaining nut with a 13mm spanner and carefully prize the original wiper arm off the wiper motor spline (screwdriver works best).

Install the new wiper arm in the reverse way the original one came off and check it sits straight when docked (use the wiper, and see where it stops).

Then remove about 1mm from the bottom edge of the cap and cut down one of the inner webs so that it doesn't foul the window or the rubber seal when in motion (trial and error).

15mins, Job Done!

Also, VAG part numbers below for those who need them:

6Q6 995 707A - Arm
6Q6 995 435A - Cap
6Q6 955 425A - Blade

In a bit,
Leon.

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Looks very nice Leon,

I don't know why VW did not do this mod to the R32 anyway as it looks alot better with the polo wiper set up.

Yes I have done mine and it looks miles better and more euro looking (Smoother)

·
345 Posts
Hey Leon did you just order your parts from VW Dealer? I emialed the Reading parts dept. a couple of time requesting costs etc but yet to hear anything back.

·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually bought it second hand off another Mk4 owner who never fitted it, but yeah you should be able to just go into any VAG dealer and give them the part numbers. Get them to check the parts catalouge while your there though, just incase the part numbers have changed at all...

In a bit,
Leon.

·
345 Posts
ok cool thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
they sell these on ebay for 20 bucks delivered and they are genuine items in dealer bags ...just done mine however the plastic cover that covers the washer jet doesnt always fit snug so you need to shave 2mm of the back where it sits on the screen... i had to do mine and also my mates anny mk4... not shure if its the same for all but it pops off when you turn the wiper on....very worthwhile mod... u comin on sunday leon??? northwest meet

·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in Bath on Saturday night Matey, but as long as there's nothing silly happening on the roads then I should be back in time on Sunday :)

... not shure if its the same for all but it pops off when you turn the wiper on....
As for the above, If I'm back I'll show you how to sort it Matey, there's a little bit of plastic webbing on the inside that need chopping back and smoothing as it hits the rubber seal between the window and the wiper motor. Basically there are three 'ribs/webs' inside the cap, two being the same length stopping short of the base, and one in the centre that comes all the way down to the base, basically if you cut this one back to the same length as the others, then smooth the inside, it will operate without catching and stay clipped in place :)

Infact, if you look at the bottom left photo, it's the one in the middle, if you take your cap off and hold it the same way, you'll probably see the bit that needs cutting back...

·
479 Posts
Hi gents got in touch with my local stealers today and yes the part numbers have changed the parts guy there told me any parts for wipers etc are 955 not 995 plus the letters after the numbers have changed to C and not A so i got myself one arm assy plus one blade assy plus one cap come to £22 pounds for the lot:marchmellow:

·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice one Bud, so the new part numbers are as below?

6Q6 955 707C - Arm
6Q6 955 435C - Cap
6Q6 955 425C - Blade

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Thanks Leon,

I was just searching for the Polo wiper BLADE as I want to replace mine and now I have the part number ! ( 6Q6 955 425A - Blade )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts