VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

In process of selling my DC5 (prov sold) on weekend and am looking for possible replacement. I after something not necessarily as quick (my DC5 was modded) but not too far off, also something refined as well with a little more poke low down than the VTEC engine. DC5 was true drivers car and loved it but looking for something easier to go fast in and comfort as well. Just have a few questions really.

Has anyone gone from a CTR to a R32? any comparisons? or ideally a DC5?

What is the service schedules for the R32?

What MPG are people actually getting?

Was the recall on the ECU fix (stuttering etc) free and if so how will potential owners know if this was done - any stickers etc on car?

Do the R32's come with Cat 1 alarm & immobiliser as standard?

thanks

James

·
Registered
61 Posts
jimmyca69 said:
Hi all

In process of selling my DC5 (prov sold) on weekend and am looking for possible replacement. I after something not necessarily as quick (my DC5 was modded) but not too far off, also something refined as well with a little more poke low down than the VTEC engine. DC5 was true drivers car and loved it but looking for something easier to go fast in and comfort as well. Just have a few questions really.

Has anyone gone from a CTR to a R32? any comparisons? or ideally a DC5?

What is the service schedules for the R32?

What MPG are people actually getting?

Was the recall on the ECU fix (stuttering etc) free and if so how will potential owners know if this was done - any stickers etc on car?

Do the R32's come with Cat 1 alarm & immobiliser as standard?

thanks

James
do a google for the maintenance schedule it's really to long to list but it's not expensive.

i get anywhere from 20 - 25mpg depending on how i drive all around.

comes with an antitheft alarm but if you are really worried about it buy and aftermarket one, but they still get stolen......call the VW customer serv. with vin# and they can tell you everything that has been done (if at the dealership or a maintence place that reports that stuff)

mmmmmm anything else just ask:driver:

but be ready for this to be the last car you ever get......cuz nothing else will be the same.

·
3,732 Posts
the service schedules are googlable

i average about 23.1-3 round town

the 6463 update 'should' be free from your dealership. records of it being done should appear on their screen, if not the info can be found thru your readout on the climate apparently. not usually stickered

the alarm immob is good, cant hurt to be belt and braces though, definately delock it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts