VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am starting to look at R32's as replacement for my existing car, has anyone on here come from an Accord Type-R?

Anyway cheers for any pointers I am in Fleet, Hampshire.

·
1,184 Posts
Flew to Hampshire to pick mine up in May and had the best drive home ;). The R is much smoother, more progressive and nowhere near as whiney as the type R engine. See the ATR as a Jack Russell and the R as more of an Alsatian and you may be somewhere close. I came from a rev hungry Renaultsport to the R and as one of my mates pointed out I've converted from 'boy racer' to 'man racer'. Seemed quite a good summation to me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I don't want to start an argument over different brands and types of cars. The Type-R is a bit of a marmite car, some like them some don't.

The attraction of the R32 is the availability of power across the rev range as opposed to having to keep in the zone.

How you finding the build quality compared to the Renault?

Also where abouts in Hampshire did you buy from, dealer?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Just go for a test drive, you will soon make your mind up :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do the ATR lot know your over here :lol:

Been a while since i had the ATR but if your looking for more everyday power, more comfort and growl of a V6 engine then look no further. As suggested take a test drive and see for yourself.

·
1,184 Posts
ADL-ATR said:
Well I don't want to start an argument over different brands and types of cars. The Type-R is a bit of a marmite car, some like them some don't.

The attraction of the R32 is the availability of power across the rev range as opposed to having to keep in the zone.

How you finding the build quality compared to the Renault?

Also where abouts in Hampshire did you buy from, dealer?
Was a private sale in Southampton but a good price for an immac car with 27k forced the need to fly! Renault, great fun first hot hatch and couldn't criticise the performance, but the build quality was poor, this is a whole different class of car.

PS don't get me wrong, I quite like the TR esp as an accord or defo the integra which I nearly went for, but you are spot on, it is a progression/performance ratio and the V6 growl which meant there was a clear winner..plus the ITRs interior was nowhere near as good quality IMO. As has been said, find an owner on here (or a brave dealer)near to you and I'm sure someone will be happy to take you out for a nice drive! Happy hunting!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jimmyca69 said:
Do the ATR lot know your over here :lol:

Been a while since i had the ATR but if your looking for more everyday power, more comfort and growl of a V6 engine then look no further. As suggested take a test drive and see for yourself.
There have been muttering about an R32 on the ATR forum, as you know most of us are grown up enough to chat about it without it descending into the normal them and us that other owners of other makes can fall into!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts