VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm planning on P/X'ing my current Focus RS against a mk4 R32 next week. The only slight concern I have is it has 7 former keepers (04 plate), is this normal for the R32? I imagine it might be given the nature of the car but wanted some confirmation?

Throwing a picture up of the current motor:

_DSC2532 by CrouchingWayne, on Flickr

Cheers,
Wayne

·
Registered
168 Posts
not uncommon m8.
people buy them and then think very expensive to run.
they can be but no more than a lot of high performance cars.
i am the 5 th of my 2004
1st owner had about 3 years
2nd had a few months then 3rd had a few years.
4th a few months as he bought to sell from dealer he worked for for a song.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome
I do have a soft spot for the RS, lovely looking car!

Think it's pretty normal mate, I'm the 6th owner on mine, and most I looked at were around that figure!

·
Nappy Wearing Member
881 Posts
5th owner on mine and its 53, like above people buy them and not think about the running costs.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys, I thought that would be the case. The Focus has had a few owners as well for the same reasons.

Hopefully all stations go for Thursday and I'll have an R.

I'm a bit concerned about losing some of the "drivers car" fun from the Focus (and EK9 before that) but hopefully it won't be too far removed!

·
4,420 Posts
i think im the 4th or 5th or something, either way, its common for these cars because as silversonic says, expensive to run and fix so people get shut and move on to something cheaper, i wouldnt be too worried, you could contact the other owners to see what they say about it

·
1,138 Posts
Beautiful RS you have. There is something about the car that I really like - much more than the mk2 Focus RS.

I am sure you will make the right choice if the R32 is prefect in every other way. The amount of previous owners shouldn't put you off.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nice Focus. Welcome to the site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts