VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
This is quite interesting stuff....

Would you not run at lesser power due to the transmission loss the the rear wheels ?

Wez

·
2,204 Posts
I tend to agree with the guys suggesting it would kill off your clutch plates quite quickly and I personally would not tolerate binding of any kind. I've been frequenting the Vortex for about 10 years now and they do seem to downplay every day drivability concerns, such as binding. The guy discussing it at length was having to completely change his parking habits because of it. Sod that!

IMO, the blue haldex is the best all round upgrade. Just a shame they're rare as hen's teeth!

·
1,027 Posts
I have the performance controller (orange) from HPA and I prefer to run with a proven product.
This bolt has been discussed on TT Forum and there are mixed feelings.
Wonder if there is a downside after 10 or 20k of driving.
Steve

·
5,496 Posts
I've been following the thread on vortex, and followed the manufacturer's facebook page.

At the moment I don't think this is gonna be the holy haldex grail. I'm thinking it's gonna cause issues with the transmission/haldex system, as my limited understanding is that it is performing a 100% lock up all the time... which cannot be good as it was never designed for that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts