VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My standard Radio and 6 dash mounted cd changer has all completely stopped working! It won't even turn on. I've checked the fuses and they are all fine.

The CD player stopped working a few days ago, then played for a day only on 1 cd slot, the other slots didn't work, and then it stopped working completely but the radio was all ok. Now yesterday the radio stopped and now won't turn on at all :eek:(

So its completely dead. Great fun for the day trip to france yesterday! not.

Has this ever happened to anyone on here and ther was a typical fix as i can't believe the whole thing has just packed up after 24,000 miles on a 53 plate.

Thanks for your help! :)

·
3,732 Posts
thats a new one on me, i would have said fuses..failing that pull the stereo and check the cable connection on the rear for a stray/pinched wires ors bad insertion of the connector

you could always use this as an opportunity to upgrade to a double din sat nav/dvd?

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate, does the radio pop out easily? I cant quite see which bits to pull off and I don't want to destroy trim pulling it out.

I love the idea of it standard as it doesnt attract tea leaves and i'd rather spend the money on some arb's and track day wheels for the ring!

·
619 Posts
Remember that the radio has an extra fuse in the back, people normally check the ones that sit on the side of the dash.

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for that i'll have a look at that one when i get the radio out.

·
3,732 Posts
you should be able to get pullers from the local stealership, the head unit and the changer are 2 seperate units but are joined via cables so once you release the top one pull it out about 1-2 inches then release the bottom one then slide them out together at the same time

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice one cheers mate for that link!

i just cant figure out why the cd at first stopped, then played for about a day through one cd, and then now the whole unit and radio has stopped. pissed off royally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts