VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people,

Got a bit of an issue with my xenon headlights on my mk 5 R32.

My passenger side headlight caused me to fail MOT as the Aim was high! Got my mechanic mate to have a look at it for me and found the actual holder had popped of the ball joint which was causing the high aim.

Now tonight we took the car for a test drive and found as we were driving along the headlights won't auto level? Before disconnecting headlight etc they used to level dynamically as i was driving along for example if i was to brake quick the lights would rise up and when i hit the gas they would drop back down again.

Any ideas? Run through VCDS no issues arise and no fault codes. Getting readouts from sensors so can confirm they are working and considering the right one was working a couple of hours ago i know nothing major has happened!

Is it just a case of reprogramming? Have been trying for about 3 hours to sort this issue with no success.

Any ideas?

· Registered
4,306 Posts
If there are no faults and you have physically checked both front and rear sensors and levelling rods, then I would perform the full re-setting procedure which re-learns the middle position. It is done with VCDS or at your dealer.

· Registered
18 Posts
If there are no faults and you have physically checked both front and rear sensors and levelling rods, then I would perform the full re-setting procedure which re-learns the middle position. It is done with VCDS or at your dealer.
how is this done through VCDS?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.