VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My R is in need of new front shock absorbers. This is due to normal wear as it is now approaching 80k. My local VW Branch wants the best part of £450 to replace them, that won't be happening!

I'd like to fit FK silverline coilovers, but i'd like a professional garage to fit them and set them up. I am located up in the north east Scotland but i'm not bothered to travel to use a professional garage.

Any ideas?

·
1,957 Posts
How far are you prepared the travel? It would be on hell of a hike but the guys at APS are the guys I get to do all the stuff on my R.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
I'd second that recommendation for the same reasons!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
281 Posts
Theres a Garage in Fife that deals with FI VAGs etc, (heads off to the back of an old PVW mag). They are called Star Performance, Kirkcaldy, KY12XZ, 01592770377.

I've never used them as I'm mainly in the South of England now, but I have heard good things about them in the past for work on older Golfs and Corrados.

·
540 Posts
yeah star fitted my supercharger!!they are excellent.really know there stuff!!

but to save a journey down there im getting my kit fitted at the vw centre at kingswells near westhill,i booked it in last wek for the 27th of this month.you have to book in advance as there are very busy due to a good reputation!!try book it for the same day an dill maby see you there for a natter!!

courtesy car also!!!!bonus!!

·
3,137 Posts
am also interested in suspension fitters in North Scotland but as I live 100 Miles north of Inverness, it is even more difficult for me. Anyone know anybody in the Inverness area?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts