VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
3,137 Posts
Well since some folk thought my photos were alright I'll maybe post a few more.

I've started a Project 52 this year, it entails me taking one photo I'm really happy with every week for a year. The idea is that it will make me think outside the box, help me become a better photographer and well who can't resist a challenge eh? I did consider a Project 365 but with my work and family life it just isn't feasible. So with the amount I travel I won't always have my big camera with me, the photos could end up being taken with my Canon S100 compact or my iPhone if my trusty Canon 6d isn't available.

So here is

1/52 - 02/01/2014 This shot was taken about 20 yards from my house, it's a lovely little harbour in the far north of Scotland. Anyway 2 days later I went back and the boat was gone, smashed to bits by the stormy weather we had at the start of the year.

2/52 - 07/01/2014 I travel quite a lot with work and one of the places I visit regularly is Abingdon. While I was here the water levels were really high as they were in many parts of the country. I only had my small Canon S100 compact camera with me but I was quite pleased with this shot of the River Ock nearly bursting.

3/52 - 16/01/2014 I haven't managed to get outside with the camera this week, so a delivery from my trusty postman gave me the chance to practice my product photography.

4/52 - 23/01/2014 Dungeness beach, nearly as far away as I can get from home on the UK mainland. This is a hauntingly desolate place on the south coast of Kent in England. This walkway is close to the modern lighthouse. This was taken with my compact Canon S100.

5/52 - 27/01/2014 The Viewpoint on Dell Estate on the banks of Loch Ness. I had a day out on the Dell Estate near Whitebridge on the banks of Loch Ness. This shot is taken from a viewpoint on the estate over looking the small Lochan a' Choin Uire, looking down the Great Glen and Loch Ness.

6/52 - 09/02/2014 A bit of a slow week this week, haven't been out of the house with the camera and other things have been taking priority so thought I would give this a go.

7/52 - 16/02/2014 Another slow week where I haven't managed to get out with the camera

8/52 - 23/02/2014 First attempt at light painting, I knew there would be an aurora tonight so headed out to Noss Head car park with my camera and a couple of speedlights. I'm quite pleased with the results although I'm sure it's not to everyone's taste. Anyway I've never seen that car park so busy, a lot of photographers there tonight.

9/52 - 02/03/2014 I really need to get out more, managed to miss the great aurora show due to being away with work. So back to indoor photography.

10/52 - 08/03/2014 Robert's Haven near John O'Groats looking out to the island of Stroma. This beach is a great hunting ground for the elusive Groatie Buckie shell.

11/52 - I'm a bit behind with my shots but there is another. Bird(s) on a wire.

12/52 - I'm almost 2 weeks behind with my Project52 but I am trying to keep on top of it. Anyway polished the car today and sure as fate it started to rain just before I finished. Cheers for the nudge @Cheempeej

13/52 - Away with work but it's great that you get to see places like this, a very stressful couple of days just melts away with the peace and calmness of Wastwater.

·
Been That long I can not reMember
1,162 Posts
U a photographer by any chance ?

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Top work as usual Alan! Keep this updated!

You can edit your original post so they are altogether

·
1,162 Posts
What's a website ? :S

·
Nappy Wearing Member
881 Posts
Cracking shots, wish I still had the motivation and time to start again.

·
1,162 Posts
My career ?

·
1,162 Posts
Haha wat ur missus ?
haha BOOM!!

Reactions: danmkiv

·
Registered
557 Posts
WOW some really good photos so far

I myself also dabble in a bit of photography but don't think my photos are close to your quality

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that's 4/52 now posted.

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No 5/52 added

1 - 20 of 33 Posts