VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PS3 has been sat largely unused as regards gaming for a year or so! I still use it for Netflix and Lovefilm etc.

Im probably due a game purchase. I got massively into GT5 although it killed me after a day at work. Very intense concentration required! Great game though. Didnt finiish black ops 2 but dabbled online for a while.

Its heading toward winter and im torn what to buy...ive never played GTA but quite fancied the laid back 'do what you like' story sort of game (i played Mafia and Red Dead Redemption a while back which was probably similar and enjoyed them)

So, what do you think GTA5 or GT6? Id probably love GT6 but suspect it will more of the same and a bit too intense! Would GT5 be good fun?

Not considered wether to buy a PS4 or XBox yet. I gather if they arent backwards compatible its a free for all with zero brand loyalty. I thoroughly love my PS3, the build quality and what it does...Will the PS4 be worth the upgrade?

Wow long post. Thanks if still reading!! :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sounds like you don't play enough to
Warrant either

Joking side gt6 is exclusive to the ps4 and gta5 is available on both so if money was an factor get the ps4

Personally I'm an Xbox man, always been PlayStation until the 360 where in my eyes it wins hands down in nearly every field

For be personally I'll get both, ps4 purely for the exclusives

·
Registered
559 Posts
If forza was an open platform game I think GT would die of interest as its a much better game but sadly it's on the Crap Box ;-)
I've pre ordered GTA but ill more than likely play it laid back, do a few missions then spend the rest of the time nailing hookers and doing bank jobs LOL

·
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you don't play enough to
Warrant either

Joking side gt6 is exclusive to the ps4 and gta5 is available on both so if money was an factor get the ps4

Personally I'm an Xbox man, always been PlayStation until the 360 where in my eyes it wins hands down in nearly every field

For be personally I'll get both, ps4 purely for the exclusives
I dont feel a huge drive to upgrade the console yet. I opted for the PS3 mainly for the blu ray at the time and obviously dabbled with some games...played MW3 with some folks on r32oc.

Will probably get the next game in PS3 format though

·
2,665 Posts
If forza was an open platform game I think GT would die of interest as its a much better game but sadly it's on the Crap Box ;-)
I've pre ordered GTA but ill more than likely play it laid back, do a few missions then spend the rest of the time nailing hookers and doing bank jobs LOL
Like the sound of messing around on GTA....feet up with a beer! heard good things about Forza

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I have both Xbox360 and PS3. Personally I think they are both outstanding consoles and as I was brought up with Sega (Mega Drive and Master System II) I personally feel that as consoles have evolved so drastically over the past 30 years I really can't pick a winner. I play on a 65" Pany with Sony 5.1 surround and Amp. The graphics and sound are immense. The only way it could be more intense is if you were actually there. When I'm online it really doesn't matter whether I'm playing MW2 on the 360 or Black Ops Zombies on the PS3.

As for GTA vs GT, I loved both but only the originals. Haven't got into any of the sequels. GT I played on the Play Station (original dark grey pre PS1) and GTA I played on Windows 95. For me GTA was great from a Birdseye view and actually preferred the PS game "Driver" to the GTA sequels. GT sequels I'm sure are better games than GTA sequels but I can't comment much as I prefer the originals :/

·
Registered
977 Posts
I dont feel a huge drive to upgrade the console yet. I opted for the PS3 mainly for the blu ray at the time and obviously dabbled with some games...played MW3 with some folks on r32oc.

Will probably get the next game in PS3 format though
And that's a legit reason to buy the ps4... it is better value in terms of price, hardware etc..... The ps3 was a good deal cod of the blu ray.....I mean Xbox backed the HD and look how that bombed, plus it was external and looked shit

You wont go wrong with either tbh

·
Super Admin
6,829 Posts
Gta 5 is ps3, 360 only. Gta online may move to new gen in a year or so
Says who?

"Although remaining noncommittal on a next-gen GTA 5 release, Rockstar has confirmed its will monitor interest in the imminent Xbox One and PS4 console launches while stating it has already stated working on plans for its next-generation Grand Theft Auto releases."

·
Registered
977 Posts
Says who?

"Although remaining noncommittal on a next-gen GTA 5 release, Rockstar has confirmed its will monitor interest in the imminent Xbox One and PS4 console launches while stating it has already stated working on plans for its next-generation Grand Theft Auto releases."
Lol silvers in the house....

Both equally valid points.... Neither confirmed or denied

·
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I presume the new console games arent quite ready yet.

I guess backwards compatibility wont really be an issue. Its a bonus but i dont really revisit old games too much.

Could buy both GTA/GT6 but more a free time issue.

Im open on which console when the time comes....

·
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ive just looked on game at whats available under the PS4, Didnt think there would be that many available just yet!

·
Super Admin
6,829 Posts
If you are not sure of which new next gen console to get... The developers of Call of Duty Ghosts have reported that their next gen game will look considerably better on the PC using the "next next gen" textures...

Therefore it dont matter which one you get.

Unlucky

1 - 20 of 20 Posts