VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I'll start my dealership rant here!!

I go out the the car from my unit yesterday and notice the nearside rear is flat! Turns out i've driven over a 1 inch screw, luckily for me my industrial estate is full of garages and one opposite to me does puncture repairs! So I leave it with them and 5 mins later the guy comes into the office, 'Scuse me James, that locking key you've given me doesn't fit!'.

So I ring JCT600 in Bradford where I bought the car from and they tell me to ring VW Assistance, they'll send someone out with a key in an hour (no worries I'm thinking) this was at 4pm yesterday.

5pm comes up, I get a call to say, 'Sorry Sir, the RAC cannot come out we'll have to send a technician but unfortunately he won't be able to be with you until 7.30pm'!!

So I organize for the guy to come at 10am today and leave the car in my unit and take the van home. 10am comes today and the technician arrives, turns out not one key he has fits the wheel nut!! So I'm starting to get angry now as I've got work to do and my tyre keeps going down and the dealership have supplied me with a new car with the wrong locking wheel nut key!

So the guy says 'I'll pump it up, and you can drive over to the dealer in Leeds and get a key'. I'm like well I'm not being funny mate, but that tyre isn't staying up long enough to drive over town and I'm afraid I've got a business to run and it's down to JCT600 in Bradford to sort out this fcuking mess! (As the rain continued to piss it down!!). So anyway he continues to argue with me until i'm wasting more time arguing than it would take to go get the key.

So he drives off and I get a call from a client who wants to come in and see me, so I think sod this I'm ringing JCT600, and give the guy that sold me the car a rollocking and he says, 'right we'll have to send out a spec lift and bring the car over'. I say 'fine, I just want to get the car you sold me without the right locking wheelnut key running'; 'No problem James, you'll be getting a call from recovery shortly'.

After interrupting my meeting 4 times buy VW assistance asking where I was, The guy from VW assistance who just left me rings me back saying I've told the dealer that he'd left me stranded!!!!

So now I'm starting to boil! He said the dealer wont send out a recovery truck for a puncture and he's gonna have to come back! 'What fcuking use is that?' I said to him, 'you cant get the wheel off!', he tells me he's gonna ring back and that the last I hear from him!

Then 5 mins later I get a call from another VW technician! He's gonna come over from York and have a go! 1 hour later he arrives with the same set of wheel nut keys the last guy did!!!! So, I'm now hopping mad and really at the end of my tether! He finally says, 'look mate, I'll have to pump up your tyre and follow you over to the dealer and if it goes down we'll have to pull over and pump it up!!!' I had no choice but to do it, I had nowhere to go.

I get to the main dealer the other side of Leeds and go mental with them, completely unloading on the service manager and he was an utter t*at, the most unhelpful tosser I've ever met, blaming JCT600 and saying it's their problem but suggests I ring them with MY MOBILE!!! and they will have to buy a locking wheel nut key for me to take away and above all they turned around to me and said 'No we wont repair your puncture sir, it's a high performance car and we'll just replace it'!!!

Well what can I say? What a fcuking nightmare! I've only ever had good things to say about VW but today tarnished my whole experience! Needless to say, without the help of the tw*tting dealer, I managed to get the wheel off and the puncture repaired. I've now submitted a bill to JCT600 for wasting 3 hours of my time today at £80 per hour. Can't wait for the phone call!!!!! :wink:

I Have edited this post due to swear words, i can understand you are very mad with the dealers... i have had trouble with them a few times my self.. but i cannot condone swearing on this forum!

Sorry to hear about your trouble though Jay!

Mak!

·
595 Posts
So this was an OEM locking set with the wrong key? :argh:

I wonder what circumstances caused this to happen unless the dealer who had your car was doing some dodgy stuff between two R32's and left the wrong wheel key with the wrong cars, in which case whoever buys another R32 from JCT600 will also have a scary experience...

I know of another dealer who has no problem swapping tyres/alloys around with newly delivered cars, but no names. LOL.

·
5,616 Posts
Flippin' heck, what a p*ss take that is.

Wonder if they'll pay your bill... :marchmellow:

·
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the language fellas, much apologies!! :wink:

Bit of a long rant I know, but needed to spill my guts!

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Not good service at all,

Hope you get sorted out ok (See what VW garage will offer you)

·
Registered
2 Posts
just a stupid question, having bought my r32 few weeks ago, it does not have a spare wheel..... what do i do in case of puncture? have got the spray that i have on my motorbike, do you think that i can use it?

G

·
d.festr said:
just a stupid question, having bought my r32 few weeks ago, it does not have a spare wheel..... what do i do in case of puncture? have got the spray that i have on my motorbike, do you think that i can use it?
No spare mate. Should be some tyre gunk in boot. Welcome to the forum :top:

Hope you enjoy your car.

·
402 Posts
sorry to hear that.... I had to get a new set of tyres from the dealer and they actually stole my locking nut!! It was obviously an accident but I went to get a puncture repaired and they said 'where is your locking nut'....que me doing one:argh:

Anyway those guys are a liability, I keep both eyes firmly on them when they go anywhere near my pride and joy

·
595 Posts
Where's my locking nut.. now you've got me thinking! :shot:

·
402 Posts
Seriously.check that sh*t right now...it is better than looking like a right tool in your cool car when you do not even know where your locking nut is!! trust me I know from experience :shot:

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
So what do you do if you have four new tyres fitted and dont want to use the tyre sealent and have a flat................What do you do ?

Call AA / RAC ?

........Don't want to use my tyre sealent and knacker my new tyre, unless I have to buy a extra tyre /wheel and place in the boot ?????

·
296 Posts
jays, sorry to hear your strife. i'm my experience most of the vdub dealers have been poor. i now live 2 miles from one who is quite small but actually not that bad.

one thing on the locking wheel nut - i had an mk4 anniversary tdi when i lived in newcastle and had all the wheels nicked twice in the space of a month (obviously they knew the insurance would cover the first set and just came back again when they were replaced), anyway the bloke with the pickup truck who was picking my car up off the rocks that used to be on my next door neighbors rockery that were now keeping my car off the ground explained how they get off the wheel nuts (i won't explain how online) but it's not difficult regardless of manufacturer. so I thought the bozo's messing you around could have sorted it earlier.

i sometimes wonder why vw let themselves down on service, i've had stupid little problems that take loads of time and repeat visits to sort out.

·
1,485 Posts
Sounds about right with with VW.

I have had nothing but problems with all VW dealerships I have dealt with. When I had a flat they refused to order in a replacement because they said the new R32's came with different tyres so they didn't stock them and wouldn't order one in.

Glad to hear your car got sorted though.

·
4,328 Posts
Really sorry to hear this. I have had some good and some bad experiences with VW, i think it really depends on the gargae, service guy and technician.

Yeah i would make sure you have your locking wheel nut, otherwise if its a new mkv i would go in saying it was never in the car. But at least get it so you dont have to go to VW if you get a flat.

But another good thing to do would be to get a set of McGuard locking wheel nuts, as these are meant to be the best in the business and cant be got off with the conventinal means like most other locking wheel nuts. That way you will have double protection. As just remember the wheels arnt the only thing they can take if they get the nuts off, ie brakes :( :( :(

·
4,328 Posts
ps ed that sounds absolutely stupid didnt they want your business lol i suppose they wanted you to buy a whole new set or something doh

·
544 Posts
good old JCT bradford they are a fooking bad dealer and i will only use lightcliffe vw in shelf or richard alexenders in hudds and have not had any bother with them yet.

·
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. It is a shame that my experience with JCT aftercare has been ruined, I guess we'll see what happens with the invoice I've sent them!! I'm a little concerned about going back for a service when I need one now :afraid:

·
1,184 Posts
d.festr said:
Noo! Don't use that as you cant then repair tyre so it's a replacement job. If you can just pump it up with the electric pump in your boot and then hope it gets you to nearest repair shop-or, call the AA for a tow!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts