VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arriving Saturday morning i was greeted by this;

As you can see, many swirls and holograms.

In the picture below, you can see how there isn't a true reflection (window sill is the best part) due to orange peel. This is because when the car had a respray the body shop didn't flatten the lacquer down properly.

So before the detail started, with the permission of the owner, i tested a section to see what could be done. These were the resutls

As you can see, sharper more clear reflection. -->

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As parts of the car had a respray, parts just re-lacquered and some being original paint, i could just use the same product/pad combo for the whole car.
Vag paint being so hard it required a strong polish and cutting pad, whereas the re-lacquered parts were a lot softer finish so a less harsh compound and pad had to be used. This made the job slightly hard and a lot longer to do.

here are the afters....

Here you can see where the bonnet has been re-lacquered. although very shiny, there isn't a clear true reflection due to large orange peel.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Steve was very pleased with the results, but annoyed at the orange peel. So much so, i have been booked in to full flatten the car and detail it again.

jonny

·
1,432 Posts
Brilliant job, I bet Steve is really chuffed with the results thus far

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
FiftyPenceR32 said:
Brilliant job, I bet Steve is really chuffed with the results thus far
I'm well chuffed yes, booked in for the start of next month to finish off so i'll make sure theres more pics posted.

May even have a photoshoot with waynes 'R' too !

:D

·
1,432 Posts
A local company with state of the art cleaning equipment charge approx £155 for their top of the range valet service.

Laserwash said:
Laserwash is unique to the Channel Isles. Investment in proven state of the art 'Brushless' car wash technology from the United States guarantees a 'scratch free' clean, leaving your vehicle with a sparkling shiny finish.

Laserwash staff are trained to the highest level to ensure that you receive the best possible attention and the personal service that your car deserves!

Laserwash uses specially formulated cleaning products that carefully deep clean your car whilst still being kind to the paintwork as well as the environment. Shampoo, foam bath and triple colour foam waxes ensure that your car leaves looking really special.

At Laserwash our fully attended wash and vacuum process is unlike anything else on the Island, you can even have a coffee in our viewing lounge whilst your car experiences the Laserwash treatment!

Our valet services start from just £55, and includes exterior clean and polish and interior wash and vacuum. A courtesy car is also available for valet customers.
Laserwash Menu said:
Laserwash Menu
Express £10
Full wash
Wax

Diamond £13
Full wash
Double wax

Platinum £17
Full wash
Double wax
Dry vac of seats and carpets

Laserwash Valet
2 Seater sports/small Saloon MPV/SUV/Estate
Diamond £60 £75 £90
Platinum car wash
Full carpet and seat vacuum inluding the boot
Dashboard polish
Interior window clean
Wipe and clean door trims
Tyre dressing

Platinum £95 £110 £135-£170
Platinum car wash
Intensive seat treatment
Dashboard clean and polish
Interior window clean
Deodorise and freshen the interior
Tyre dressing

Laserwash Polish £135 £155 £180-£220
Platinum car wash
Intensive seat treatment
Dashboard clean and polish
Interior window clean
Deodorise and freshen the interior
Tyre dressing
A supreme polish which restores the finish and preserves the paint

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Engine bay is now looking great, you could eat ure dinner off it.

Warning tho, If you get Jonny to do your car you'll become so anal about cleaning it cos you'll want it to stay up to that standard,

I've binned loads of my own crappy car stuff and using stuff jonny recommends.

Really does a top job. :151:

·
286 Posts
Where's Jonny based fella's? Amazing job!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts