VW Golf R32 Forum banner

PVW Affliction to R32/R32OC?

1K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  DWolfUK 
#1 ·
i read most the vw/audi magazines out there, even some of the other german and japanese marque magazines.

However, ive noticed, that PVW seem to have a distinct affliction with the R32 or R32OC?

2 years now, we have had a big enough stand to get noticed at GTI International, and 2 years they have point blank refused to put in ANY picturtes of an R32 in their GTI Inters reports.

Andy was there on the CC stand with the ridiculous power and doing sub 4 second 0-60 runs, one of our guys got 2nd on the show and shine i believe?

Yet still not one picture.

They do have a 600bhp daily from the states but thats not the point.

Think im gonna stop reading this particular magazine. Another thing that annoyed me was the fact its called "Performance VW" yet not so long back they had a picture of an Audi TT on the front...

Anyone up for starting a magazine ? :shot::stupido2:

See less See more
#2 ·
all PVW are interested in is getting overseas cars now as the american market is more lucrative....as you said i thought it was Performance VW .....not Performance Audi lol....may as well stick a Veyron or Gallardo on the cover as they are part of the VAG group lol....most of the cars in there are shiny never driven cars....whats the point....they should be back street built hard driven cars....owned by Joe Bloggs not a garage with no budgets.....thats how it used to be....

#4 ·
Bit weird that theyr a perfromance VW mag yet wont feature the top of the range performance model..? Email them and ask them.

#10 ·
I read PVW quite often, GF got me a subscription for my B-Day. Funnily enough this sort of chat came up in the editorial not so long ago, for one they don't believe the MKiv and Mkv have the same cult status (even though they often feuture these from the states), also though they have now moved more towards performace but again its not only VW but VAG and generally from the states.

Give it a few years and the R32 thing will turn into the old GTI argument, the Mki was better no the Mkii and so on, we'll get our place in the VW history. I've felt the difference in the scene not driving some old school VAG you just don't get the same respect at shows or round town etc.

Bollocks to them who needs pretty pictures in a magazine!!!!

#16 ·
blackpug said:
If your car hasn't got a 1.8 20v turbo in it, they're not interested......
Spot on that is.

Cracking engine, one of the best that VAG have come up with. But compared to the 3.2 R engine it's characterless.

I stopped buying PVW ages ago.

Like some of the guys have said; it's hard to connect with the feature cars in the mag because they've all been built by garages with endless amounts of cash to throw in.

It's supposed to be about normal guys struggling to get the pennies together to build the cars; even selling the mrs on the street if they have to! :vroam:

#20 ·
I guess another thing is that that a lot of MKV R32's that kick around the roads aren't part of VAG owner clubs, don't modify their cars or make them interesting etc... Just use them as a nice top end golf 'coz they didn't want a 3 series. - Obviously none of that is true for peeps on here, but it does mean the biggest market for the PVW mag to aim for isn't going to be R32 owners.

#21 ·
About 2-3 years ago there was as you say a tiny box saying about the site. They did a mk4 madness issues. If memory serves me NONE were Rs however they all had R bumpers LOL.

#22 ·
Wayne said:
sam and terry's pics are better than some of the ones they put in there anyway. I think terrys camera is worth about the same as his car? lol

Ive got an idea, but im not telling you all what it is :p
you cant say something like that and then keep quiet! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.